Information needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information needed!

OK, It would seem virus-like - but if it were, wouldn't I be able to find information about it?

Here's what happened;
    I got an email from [email protected].
    It was a simple DAEMON message, "message undeliverable" yada yada yada - you know the drill.
    Only, I never sent the message, and attatched to the returned message is "May 9.exe" ----- looks like a big OOOPS! doesn't it?

Anybody know anything about this mysterious May 9.exe ?

I swear, I have been unable to track down any info on it using Google, Symantec, or other repositories of knowledge online???

Any clues would be greatly appreciated. If I got some kinda' virii, I want to take appropriate steps ASAP!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

That's a new one on me as most of the latest wind up in the TT email. :?:

Comment

Hmm, If it's virii -- it would appear I may be the proud owner of the first machine on the planet to be infected.

I hate to act rashly without more info though.
      FYI; this attatchment is 91kb in size, rather large for a virus isn't it?
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

It is rather but then some script kiddy might be tryin' to cover all the bases. :?:

Comment

Till I get a handle on this, delete any emails you recieve from me until further notice:mad:

Comment

Did ya send me any? :?:
            Oh what's this? opens it and screen goes blank :eek:

Comment

Hey Mr. C, you've gotta have an old POS computer laying around not in much use right? I would pop the virus on a floppy and the go see what happens on a computer that could use a clean install. :D

Comment

LOL
                A fine idea!
                umm, let me ask the wife if it's OK if I use hers:laugh:

Or maybe Wiggo could ask Kay if she's ready for a clean install

Comment

sorry I've got at least another 12 months before any of mine here need to be reinstalled. ;)

Comment

My POS systems (let's keep in mind, they were the bomb - back in the day) are seldon used and uncluttered. If I could keep my butt out of the forum long enough, I do need to nuke this drive rather badly. I just keep putting off going through the backups to see what I need to save, not much really though:D

Comment

Working...
                    X