Undelete programs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undelete programs...

Looking for a simple, free undelete program. Anyone know of one?

Ah we had a similar question before but I'll just copy and paste this for ya. ;)
    Originally posted by [size=6
    Mr.C[/size]]
    Here's a URL for a freeware program that claims to recover deleted files in Windows95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP (that is, XP not using NTFS - NTFS support is promised soon.).

http://home.arcor.de/christian_grau/rescue/index.html

Here's the description of the program, as stolen from the site:
    Begin cut & paste
    What Drive Rescue can do for you:

Find any lost and deleted data on your drive (e.g. hard disk) even if the partition table is lost or the drive has been quick-formatted
    Lost Data, that is the result of a system crash can also be recovered

What Drive Rescue can NOT do for you:

Find any data on a physically damaged drive[/b]

End cut & paste

I just made a quick test using the emergency version "rescue disk.zip" as it would seem handy to just keep a copy on a floppy for future use.
    I conducted the test at the optimum time, ie. before I did anything on my system.
    I deleted 9 .jpg files, and using this program, I successfully recovered 6 of them.
    Not a stellar rating for sure, but it's free - and in an emergency, any data that it can retrieve is sure to be appreciated.

LOL - there is always the possibility that if I had read the help files, and tweaked the options, I might have had a higher success rate.
    I don't know?
    But at this point I would still think everyone should DL a copy, and keep it in their warchest - just in case.
    I hope that may help ya and Mr.C won't gut me. :smokin:

Comment

Thanks Wiggo, you saved me having to look up that link again:thumb:

This proggy isn't exactly a cure for the problem, but at times it is surely helpful. Those apps out there that claim to recover can cost a whole lot of money, this 1 fits my budget much better at least.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Another good program is rstudio at www.r-tt.com I think they have a free version of it on there. I have the registered version and even on corrupted files its pretty good: peace:

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
          Looking for a simple, free undelete program. Anyone know of one?
          Well I have Xp for OS and Norton Systemworks with these it seems to cover everything in regards to delete, undelete, clean-up plus alot more. But you said free...

Comment

I can vouch for Mr. C's program, it is very good. I do not know, however, if it works on NTFS?

Comment

The program has been updated to partially support NTFS & will soon suppot it completely. Only limited functions are now available.

Comment

Working...
              X