P2P file share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2P file share

Does anyone use Morpheus? I went against the trend and didn't use Napster, but apparently it's the same type of thing. Once the s/w is install on your puter, you can select files you wanna share with others, and you can go on to d/l files from others. Good place to source those "hard to get" files. ;)
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

i use morpheous *puts hand up and waves it around* :wave:
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

One question Andy and that's is there any p2p progs that ya don't use? :D

Comment

I use morpheus at work.. that's how I download 2 - 2.5 G of stuff per day... sad thing is, a netherland court is trying to shut down the network.. so no more morpheus / kazaa / gnutella and a couple others.. :(

Comment

They'll never shut down GNUtella - it's a true server-less P2P program. Ones like Napster and AudioGalaxy have centralised servers, which means that they can be easily shut down as the server is in the one place. But with GNUtella it can't be :)
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

there are still nodes that have to work as 'supernodes' so they can search, and people might not be willing to do that.

or so i thought...

Comment

I'm still using WinMX.

Granted - there isn't as many users, but still a lot of files to choose from. Lots'a goodies to be found there:thumb:
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

hmm... well let see...
                atm i use(and have installed):
                Morpheous/kazaa
                edonkey
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I used to use Hotline too - not too popular, and needed separate client or server programs. It uses its own protocol to transfer files, not FTP or TCP/IP - not that great tho. data thruput around 2.5kbps avg.
                  Onyx

TweakTown
                  CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

That sounds a bit sub-standard, compared to some of the alternatives:eek:
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

i use Kazaa, have used edonkey which waz pretty good but i think it waz the cause of my computer crashing a bit...not 100% on that tho...never used morpheus...maybe i should sometime :?:
                      At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

morpheous and kazaa use the same 'network' so it really doesn't make that mush of a difference
                        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

k well ill just stick with kazaa then :)
                          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

How big's kazaa? I'm only running Morpheus cos I saw it was a 1.6Mb download (managable on a 33k dial up), and it was #1 program downloaded on download.com. :)
                            Onyx

TweakTown
                            CPF - CandlePower Forums

Comment

get morpheous

works very well, supports segmented downloading and autoresumes next time you log in

I d/l 13 G with at work and it doesn't show up in usage (not linked to me anyway)
                              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
                              X