Gain/Gator Popups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gain/Gator Popups

I have this annpying problem where by everytime my computer starts up i have a request from a GAIN program to connect to it's server which I deny everytime.

I want to remove this program but cannot seem to find how too.

Does anyone have any ideas as how to remove it, it constantly popups when I am on the web as well.

Many Thanks

Originally posted by AussieMaNchilD
    I have this annpying problem where by everytime my computer starts up i have a request from a GAIN program to connect to it's server which I deny everytime.

I want to remove this program but cannot seem to find how too.

Does anyone have any ideas as how to remove it, it constantly popups when I am on the web as well.

Many Thanks
    In order to remove GAIN you must remove all software supported by it... Go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/GAIN.

There is an execute in there.... The third tab on the top of this click it. Then look for a link that says something to the effect of "show all gain programs" then click that. That is the software you will have to remove in order to uninstall GAIN.

What I do personally is tell Sygate Firewall to totally forever ban GAIN from access to the internet.

Comment

You can also try Ad-Aware, which cleans all the spyware off your system, it's available from Lavasoft.
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

No doubt youve installed the Divx 5.02 codec, and if you use ad-aware to remove the file, youll have sfa chance of ever encoding a divx file again.

You have to put up with it running and using memory/resources, but you can set your firewall to ban the file acess to the net.

Or, buy divx5. Assuming its what was installed with the gator spyware program of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
          No doubt youve installed the Divx 5.02 codec, and if you use ad-aware to remove the file, youll have sfa chance of ever encoding a divx file again.

You have to put up with it running and using memory/resources, but you can set your firewall to ban the file acess to the net.

Or, buy divx5. Assuming its what was installed with the gator spyware program of course.

If you want to use the GATOR Software then make sure you set your firewall to block the spyware's connection the the internet.

The two you need to block are:

1.) CME.exe
          2.) Gator.exe

Comment

Working...
          X