X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mail server

Hi there
    can anyone help me setup a mercury mailserver that is linked with outlook
    i have a domain name and would to setup a mailserver on my pc (adsl always on)

where do start or where can i find docs on how to install & configure

thanks

Go with iMail.

http://www.ipswitch.com/products/IMail_Server/

It is a lot better than the old Microsoft Exchange, plus you will have web based email if you decide to check your email from any other place around the globe. :thumb:

Comment

i ahve just built a similar system with 1Gb of 2100 ddr ram and it is very impressive

Comment

does anyone know where i can get an in depth instruction on how to set up this mail server

thanks a lot

Comment

It is pretty self explanatory... Just install the program, and configure it from there on. :cheers:

Comment

i have installed imail mailserver. my domains dns server is set to point to my local machine where i intende to run the mail service.
            I have setup outlook and did the test with no errors but i still cant receive any mail that is sent to my domain and when is end mail from this domain account to a hotmail account it seems like it sends it to the mailserver but its not relayed to hotmail.
            Also does anyone know if i will be able to view my mail on the web?
            thanks alot
            relborg

Comment

Originally posted by relborg
              i have installed imail mailserver. my domains dns server is set to point to my local machine where i intende to run the mail service.
              I have setup outlook and did the test with no errors but i still cant receive any mail that is sent to my domain and when is end mail from this domain account to a hotmail account it seems like it sends it to the mailserver but its not relayed to hotmail.
              Also does anyone know if i will be able to view my mail on the web?
              thanks alot
              relborg
              Double check all the settings, make sure you added the given IP of the domain name to the computer (TCP/IP).

If that is all ok, try sending email to an_email_you_created@the_ip_address_of_the_server

:thumb: Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X