Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know of a screensaver that show your pc information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know of a screensaver that show your pc information?

like total uptime, memory and cpu usage? Something like the programs for the little serial LCD's?

I have a ICS server with a 5" lcd (via tv-out) and this would be cool to have this displayed all the time...

something like this

Give the WinBar Screensaver a try.

It's got some of the info in it.
    That's all I've been able to come up with so far, but maybe it will do for what you need:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

winbar looks a lot like statbar, but it doesn't have a screen saver atachment tho :\
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Your right there Andy, I got the 2 confused for a second when I stumbled onto it.
        But they do have some distinctly seperate information.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yes that worked out great...but the screensaver part and the actual program is way to small to read on my LCD (the same one the guy has above)

The program the guy is using above is called Coolmon but I can't get it to go full screen like that.. I can;t even find any configuration files to edit anyhting with..

anyone familar with this app?

Comment

Ok, i've been playing around with Coolmon for a bit and here is what i've come up with. The next few instrustions are using the Coolmon icon in the tray, so right click the icon to get to the menu i'm talking about:

Go to "Display Items", in the main part of the window that pops up (where you can edit the code), highlight it all and delete it, then copy this code in:
            [code:1:27e7ef8eb1]Proc %: <NAME=ProcUsage DECIMAL SIZE=5 FORMAT="1">
            Processes: <NAME=Processes SIZE=5> Threads: <NAME=Threads SIZE=5>
            <NAME=Uptime FORMAT="*d* Days, *H* Hrs, *M* Mins, *S* Secs" SIZE=20>
            PageUsed: <NAME=PageUsed> / PageTotal: <NAME=PageTotal>
            RAMUsed: <NAME=RAMUsed> / RAMTotal: <NAME=RAMTotal>
            <NAME=DateTime FORMAT="'Date' dd/mm/yy 'Time' hh:nn">
            <NAME=IPAddr>
            <NAME=CompName>[/code:1:27e7ef8eb1]
            that code will get you CPU %, Processes, Threads, Uptime, Page Usage/Total, Date, Time, the computers IP adress and the computers name.

Click "OK".

Go to "Background" > "Colour" and type in "Black" (without the quotes).

Go to "Align" and click "Center".

Go to "Font" and chose the font you want and font colour.

Go to "Set Form Width and Height" then enter them in, i'm guessing the res that the LCD is running at, so it covers the full screen.

Go back to "Font" and re-adjust the size of the font so it takes up more of the screen.

Now you may have to rearange the section, if you do need to, click and hold, then drag them into position

DONE :thumb:

phew :geek:
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
            X