BF2142 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 problem

I just finished reinstalling everything on my computer and now when i try to join a BF2142 server i get an error message to do with a "sanity check" and the game crashes to desktop. the game was running fine before this reinstall. any ideas anyone? ive contacted the EA support guys but tbh i dont trust them on this kind of thing so any advice you guys could give would be very much appreciated.

Re: BF2142 problem

I've never played this particular game before, but I know that some of them require you to install some sort of anti-cheating utility during the game installation. You can choose not to install this, but you won't be able to play on many (some cases most or all) game servers in a multiplayer capacity.

Just a shot in the dark, but maybe this is your problem?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

ill try updating the punkbuster but i very much doubt thats the problem. thanks for the advice anyway mate :)

Comment

What happens when you join a single-player or LAN game?

Comment

same error. apparently this was an error introduced either by patch 1.05 or 1.06, some other people have had the same problem and when i ran it unpatched after a reinstall it was fine. bit of a pain though, i kinda do wanna play online. so ive been told to keep downloading fresh patches until one of them doesnt crash. stupid ea....

Comment

I haven't researched this issue at all, so it may indeed be a random crash introduced by a patch that you can't do anything about, but to me it seems more likely something specific to certain computers would cause the issue. Definitely make sure you're using the proper sound, video, and chipset drivers as well as the latest version of DirectX 9.0c (which ought to have been included on the 2142 installation disc). You could also try it without the overclock to verify that that isn't related. And yes, software patches can introduce problems on overclock hardware that wasn't there before.

But again, the specific error might be something else entirely. I CBF to Google right now.

Comment

funny how something that could potentially drive you crazy involves an error message called 'sanity check'

(sorry I don't have anything helpful to say)
              Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
              Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
              CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
              CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
              GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Comment

Working...
              X