No announcement yet.

What would cuase Firefox to quite working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would cuase Firefox to quite working?

IE works fine but Firefox is dead. I tried updating but its still the same. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: What would cuase Firefox to quite working?

firefox. get opera ;)

anyway.. check if you don't have any proxy set up or if you need proxy that it's correct. also some extensions might be blocking the access to sites.. not sure though..

Comment

Can you all see this, I cant contact you all? can you see my writing here?

Comment

Hey guys, its orangutang 91, my account went offline, i need some help, anything i post with it is invisible to u all or somethin

Comment

i know its stupid but have u allowed it to get past your firewall

Comment

I'm using firefox to wrote this post.

Comment

Originally posted by shinhead
              i know its stupid but have u allowed it to get past your firewall
              Yes its allowed through my virus/ firewall program on my PC. I was kinda thinking that maybe a Windows update might be doing it since I'm using a laptop right now in a different town and a completly different ISP and Firefox did not work but IE works just as it does on the PC at home.

Windows updating is the only thing that I can think of that might have been done about the same time to these 2 systems, before this lapse in time everything was great. Firefox did start working on this laptop after I disabled Windows security center. I have no other type of firewall or virus program insatlled on this laptop so I'm guessing it has something to do with an update to Wins security center which makes it possible that your firewall theroy could be correct, I'll mess with it later when I have more time.

Maybe MS doesnt want any webbrowser compitition so they decided to try to cripple Firefox with a Windows update.......

Is anyone else having this trouble after updating Win XP?

Comment

is it just this site or all sites you view with Firefox? If it's all sites, then reinstall Firefox without any add-ons (back up your bookmark file first). Be sure to delete your profile directory and install directory before reinstalling.

If Firefox is working after a clean install, then you were probably having a conflict with an add-on, or the Firefox install itself might have been corrupted somehow.

M$ didn't disable Firefox with an update; that would not only get M$ sued but would directly violate one of many anti-trust agreements. For the record, Firefox currently works flawlessly for me on XP, Ubuntu, OS X, and even Vista RC1 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tuxfreak
                  is it just this site or all sites you view with Firefox? If it's all sites, then reinstall Firefox without any add-ons (back up your bookmark file first). Be sure to delete your profile directory and install directory before reinstalling.

If Firefox is working after a clean install, then you were probably having a conflict with an add-on, or the Firefox install itself might have been corrupted somehow.

M$ didn't disable Firefox with an update; that would not only get M$ sued but would directly violate one of many anti-trust agreements. For the record, Firefox currently works flawlessly for me on XP, Ubuntu, OS X, and even Vista RC1 :-)
                  It was a Windows or possibly a Spybot S&D update that caused Windows firewall\security center to automatically disable firefox. I've never had that happen before until now. The reason I mildly suspect Spybot S&D is becuase some of the new detection rules refer to Windows security center on the other hand both systems were recently updated through Windows update right before that happened. Anway if anyone else runs into the same thing I hope they read this.

Comment

Working...
                  X