No announcement yet.

ITunes... How do you catagorize music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITunes... How do you catagorize music?

I bought an Ipod video for my son and was wondering how to catagorize music and video ect. It seems the only place I can add MP3 files to are under the Library folder in ITunes, the program also has a defualt folders named 90's music, My top rated, ect. How do I add music to these folders and create new ones? It won't let me simply drag and drop the MP3 file to these folders as I can with the Library folder. I don't want just a big long play list as with a regular MP3 player, there must be another way to do this.

Re: ITunes... How do you catagorize music?

You can create a playlist and using it to categorize them. Or you can also put them into certain album. You will have to edit them through the library then update the ipod.

Comment

Re: ITunes... How do you catagorize music?

the 90's music and stuff is auto... for a song to be put in there u must right click on the song (in the library menu) and select edit.... in there i think u just type in the year it was made and it should be put in there....

for a custom playlist:

do u see the '+' sign down the very bottom left corner? well click that and that creates a playlist... now u can drag ur songs in.

i sort my songs by artist seems the easiest.... and if i want a playlist i use the on-the-go so i dont hav 2 use the computer to make the list... the ipod will tell u how 2 use that feature... good luck
      Last edited by free_park26; 09-19-2006, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X