WMP Wacky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WMP Wacky

Kinston RAM? Oh...Kingston, a GREAT RAM manufacturer. Mobo that forbids OC, yeah, you get that when you buy OEM, what do you expect? Oh, also, 478 pin. Either way, yeah, you got a Dell, what did you expect?

Comment

Ya lol, I didnt mean to, I didnt know RAM from CPU then

Comment

How do you live with a 15 inch monitor? Hey man I've been looking around online and you can build a pretty cheap(but fast) System for very little money. You can even use your dell case if you want, but the motherboard will have to be micro atx im thinking

Comment

Dell cases are proprietary. Try using a Dell PSU on a normal ATX motherboard, it will fry. Also, he posted in another thread that is 15.4" viewable, so technically speaking it would be considered about a 17" CRT.

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2005
            Dell cases are proprietary. Try using a Dell PSU on a normal ATX motherboard, it will fry. Also, he posted in another thread that is 15.4" viewable, so technically speaking it would be considered about a 17" CRT.
            .4" doesnt make a dif, it syill suks, but i like looking at the tiny pixels.

Comment

Besides the fact that a CRT considered 15" actually is 14" viewable or less...

Comment

Can we get back to WMP?

Comment

I dont want to bring this up again but I cant sell the comp if WMP doesnt work.

Comment

From what I'm gathering from your threads reguarding system performance etc. this WMP problem may only be the tip of the iceberg. Why don't you start fresh with your restore disk (or whatever Dell supplies)?
                    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I agree with that.

Comment

Maybe I should, but im afraid that im missing a disk, I would be in deep stuff if I did, also I have tweeked this comp to my liking, Its like making an ass groove in a couch.

Comment

All you really need is the Windows disk .... everything else is just gravy. Before you wipe the thing download all updated drivers and burn them to a disk. It will make things easier. Do a bit of googleing to familiarize yourself with the process and it may be a good idea to print off some of the more important instructions just in case.
                          The "ass groove" thing is nice but I still think you prolly have some serious issues embedded. It's possible that your tweaking went too far at some stage.
                          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

I only tweaked the boot and changed setting such as the theme and stuff.
                            My father has a file on this comp. and he said that WMP doesnt work on his either.
                            I will reinstall wimdows whene i'm ready to sell my comp., I use iTunes, it can do almost everything WMP can do.

Comment

Working...
                            X