WMA weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMA weirdness

A friend recently sent me a WMA version of Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head. problem is that I can't play it on any machine I try it on whether Windows Media 6,7,8 is installed. My friend knows nothing about computers all he know is he can play it, he says I need MusicMatch Jukebox 6 or 7 and Sony's Atrac 3 plug in to play it.

I installed the ATRAC 3 plug in but refuse to install MusicMatch as a co-worker has all the pre requisite software on his computer yet he can't play it either. Windows media player or any other audio player opens up a browser window and tries to go to some site inside Sony's internal network [which is definately inaccessable].

i have since downloaded an MP3 [surprise], but am wondering if anyone has any ideas, I know its possible to protect a WMA file and do things like limit the number of times it can be played, or stop it from being played after 30 days, but why would it try and access something inside Sony's corporate network via a web browser?

:flames:

Try playing it in WinAMP - I swear by it.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

i swear at winamp allot too.

oh you said BY it....

anyway, WMA files can be protected so you cant play em unless you have the license for the file.

This is from a MS site:
      How do I download and play music files?
      Playing Windows Media Audio (.wma) files requires the newest version of the Windows Media Player. In addition, many .wma files have been digitally protected using Windows Media Rights Manager, so you must download both the music file and a license. Follow the steps below:

1. Get the player. Download and install the Windows Media Player .
      2. Get the music. Click on the desired audio file in your web browser to download and save it to your hard drive.
      3. Get the license. Double-click on the audio file. Your web browser will now open to a page at one of our right management partners (Reciprocal.com, etc.)
      4. Play it. Click the "OK" button on the Rights Management partners web page to download the license and play the music.

Comment

Go put an axe in the forehead of the person who sent you the wma file.

Now that thats all taken care of, relax knowing that wma files wont ever hurt you again.

You can try and find the wma licence cracker thing....if it still exists.

Comment

Or just get the MP3 version!
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
            Go put an axe in the forehead of the person who sent you the wma file.

Now that thats all taken care of, relax knowing that wma files wont ever hurt you again.

You can try and find the wma licence cracker thing....if it still exists.
            Already had the mp3 version when I posted that yesterday, but still I wanted to know what was going on. No audio player would play that WMA file, i guess it really does need a specific license.

Comment

Working...
            X