Problems with Windows NetMeeting 3.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Windows NetMeeting 3.01

My friend and I do video conferencing using Windows NetMeeting 3.01, we both have the same version of the software, I took made sure once I upgraded to 3.01.

We can connect to each other fine but, he can't hear me at all. He can see my video as i'm sitting here typing without a problem he just can't hear me.

I have an a differnt problem, I can hear him I just can't see him. I don't know what webcam he uses, but I use a logitech camera and he can see me fine.

Thanks for the help.

I have that problem with some but not others but the answer I don't know. :(

Comment

Both of you need to check your firewall settings, it seems to affect the prog somehow, turn it off or put it too a lower setting and see if it works that way.
      I've had a lot of trouble with that myself and this seems to be the bottom-line of the problem.

Comment

I have sis and let those progs have unquestioned access. :smokin:

Comment

if the firewall is the problem, try opening up these ports:
          6895 to 6900

EDIT: post 1234 :)
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

another thing to note about netmeeting - if u leave dektop sharing on , it will stop a lot of games from running
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Just another thought, try paltalk or yahoo, they seem to be more reliable than netmeeting in the cam and mic department

Comment

One thing I hate about NetMeeting is that only those in your e-mail contacts and/or your MSN Messenger list can be contacted! I don't use Windows Messenger and I don't bother saving my contact list, so I'm screwed unless I get CU-SeeME, which is also a good video conferencing tool!

Comment

that's the biggest load of crap i've ever heard.. Netmeeting isn't based on Messenger at all.. You contact people via email addresses, people on the same directory listing or even via IP..

Comment

lol@Beefy
                    no matter what Webby says....Beefy will abuse him for it, u remind me of Moose :) Keep it up:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X