Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ip blocker

hello all,

i can't seem to find a good freeware, program that will block my ip address from being veiwed by websites, web forums, email and all chat programs. i am worried people are trying to hack me. i prefer to not get a firewall since, they block everything, not just the ip address.

thank you for your help.

Hey its the 319 meg of ram guy. Not even my keychain has an odd amount of ram !

Do you want a proxy? You can't block your IP, but you can hide it...

Comment

Well, you could use Zone Alarm that works..... one of the best fire walls out.. has a pretty good Stealth Mode... or you could do
      what zeradul said proxys work too. would help ya set that up but I have no clue how to set one up.

Personnaly I would suggest Zone Alarm it has one of the best
      setups I have seen.

Comment

it sounds like a proxy is what i'm looking for how can i set one up?

Comment

The only real way to strip your IP from things such as forum posts etc is to use a 3rd party proxy such as Anonymizer.com, who for a fee (of course) will act as a buffer - your IP will appear to come from them instead of your actual ISP :thumb:
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Yeah ZoneAlarm won't do it as I use that and my IP always shows. :smokin:

Comment

u can't hide your IP, if you hide your IP (the internet and networking work entirely by IP) if its was totally non-existent, the how would you get replies from servers etc if it thought that the request it got came from 0.0.0.0 or <null>

you can however cut down the "announced IP" type vulnerabilities with software as mentioned, the best thing to do if u r real para is use a hardware router/firewall solution, then they'll never see YOUR machine, only YOUR connection..

Comment

Working...
              X