Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good program remover for Windows XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a good program remover for Windows XP?

I installed a progarm called paperport 9pro to my system and everything was fine until I applied the update to that program. The machine crashed and then had to fix its currupt files upon bootup. I tried uninstalling the program through Windows add\ remove programs and through Paperports uninstall but neither would work. I can't even reinstall it and try to start over.
    I've since deleted the programs folder from my harddrive and have used Registry Crawler 4.5 to delete some of its left behind registry enteries but there are 100's of them that refer to Paperport, too many to delete one at a time.
    Is there an easier way to rid my machine of all traces of this program?

Would system restore solve your problem? Just restore to a point before the program was installed/updated.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieDawg
      Would system restore solve your problem? Just restore to a point before the program was installed/updated.

Good Idea..I didn't think of that, but unfortunatly I had my system restore turned off.
      However I did manage to completly wipe any trace of the progam. I ended up using Registery Crawler to delete ALL 500 or so enteries manually:wow: one at a time. That program is in desprite need of a select all option.:grr:

Comment

u could always use RegCleaner.
        it keeps track of all registry entries classified according to the software that wrote them.
        Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        jabber : [email protected]
        =======================
        Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
        X