AVG Anti-Virus version 7.0 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG Anti-Virus version 7.0 released

AVG Anti-Virus version 7.0 was finally released July 7!

Download free antivirus and malware protection. Tune up your PC, Mac, & Android. Encrypt your connection and browse anonymously with a VPN.

*the free version is still 6.0:(

Originally posted by minibubba
    *the free version is still 6.0:(
    yeah that is one set back but then i feel may be that is the cost we have to pay to use it for free...though i m happy for them that they atlast won a VB 100% award.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I'm just hoping they upgrade the free version to 7.0 in the furure after they have made a little money off of this release

Comment

Don't look so sad felas, as U can update your Free Ver6 to 7 standards, and noticed some other tools, virus removal types, that is, that may be helpfull as well, which are on the freebie list from what I could see some hours ago, when I updated my 6 to 7 ...... :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Desktop_pilot
          Don't look so sad felas, as U can update your Free Ver6 to 7 standards, and noticed some other tools, virus removal types, that is, that may be helpfull as well, which are on the freebie list from what I could see some hours ago, when I updated my 6 to 7 ...... :cheers:
          yeah you can upgrade your free Ver 6 to Ver 7 without any charge but i think it is just for the trial period i.e. upto 30th September, 2003 after which you have to either buy it or uninstall Ver 7.
          Or have you found something great :confused:
          i am interested...
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          =======================
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

To date, the free version six has kept me all safe and snuggly.

I see no reason to fix/upgrade/change in any way.
            An unblemished record speaks to me louder than a number:thumb:
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yo there fellas, thought I'd go check on the upgrade from the free ver6 to 7, and this is what it says hereunder .....

Sorry I don't know why my fancy doo dads aren't working, so you'll have to just see the cut and paste ..... Damm I can't even use me smileys !!!!!!!! Now that's bad !!!!!!!

AVG
              "In order to accommodate varying customer preferences, GRISOFT is making available several methods by which eligible AVG 6.0 customers can receive free upgrades to AVG Anti-Virus 7.0. Whether you would like to upgrade immediately or to wait for a more opportune time is based on your requirements, the following options are available for you to upgrade at your convenience"

It then goes on to say that you will be sent a license on Sept 15, and so that will be as Mr C stated, that you won't have it for free for long anywy ..... Nothing wrong with ver 6 anyways, but I want to upgrade to include all my machines ......

Comment

eligible AVG 6.0 customers

here is more from same page you copied it from

Customers who have purchased and registered their AVG 6.0 will be eligible for a free upgrade to the corresponding Edition of AVG Anti-Virus 7.
                You are already registered, if one of the following applies to you:
                -you purchased AVG 6.0 through our online e-shop on www.grisoft.com
                -you completed the online product registration page after having purchased AVG 6.0 directly from GRISOFT or one of our AVG Anti-Virus Authorized Resellers
                Mr. C
                actually Ver 7 has got them a VB 100% award which they have been failing to get till now. they must have made some improvement in their tech that helped them get it. i just wanted to get the upgraded product...but installing and then un-installing is too much of pain, so i will stick with Ver 6.0 :cheers:
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

======================
                =======================
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

AVG just gave another reason for users to switch to their product.
                  they have made a change to their core program that makes the size of the updates considerably smaller.
                  it might not effect people who are on broadband but is a great thing for people on slow connections. the latest update file that i downloaded was 21K compared to more than 1300K i used to d/l earlier.
                  things just keep getting better?
                  Last Updated:
                  10th MARCH

======================
                  =======================
                  yabaa dabaa doo...
                  Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                  X