Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 editing...any ideas?

well i have two requirements:

1) i want to record some radio shows and then convert them to MP3's. recording and converting them won't be a problem, the thing is that i want to cut out the advertisements and RJ's nonsense and just keep the songs that will be played.
    so is there a way that i can cut out like 6 - 7 songs out of a one hour radio recording?

2) another thing is that i want to tag my MP3's. tagging 1800+ MP3's manually won't be an easy job so is there anyway that some program can download the information by comparing it from file name and then tag them automatically? i tried moodlogic but it is costly (alright my job doesn't pay me much, lol) so some other ideas?

guys...please help me :(
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

i use to use some program that took the name out of the filename and used it in ID3 tag, but dont know what it was (tooo long ago) but i got it from www.downlad.com
    thats where i get most of my software from, i beleive it was free too. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by asklepios
      well i have two requirements:

1) i want to record some radio shows and then convert them to MP3's. recording and converting them won't be a problem, the thing is that i want to cut out the advertisements and RJ's nonsense and just keep the songs that will be played.
      so is there a way that i can cut out like 6 - 7 songs out of a one hour radio recording?

2) another thing is that i want to tag my MP3's. tagging 1800+ MP3's manually won't be an easy job so is there anyway that some program can download the information by comparing it from file name and then tag them automatically? i tried moodlogic but it is costly (alright my job doesn't pay me much, lol) so some other ideas?

guys...please help me :(
      Tagscanner is the best ID3 editor out there IMHO.. http://xdev.narod.ru/tagscan_e.htm

Cooledit from Syntrillium software is a good app to cut out unwanted stuff from mp3's.. its also great for any kind of audio editing.
      :thumb:

Comment

thanx for the help guys :thumb:

btw does Tagscanner have CDDB support to download tags cos even the thought of editing my MP3's manually makes me feel sick :(

but i will checkout cooledit :cheers:
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        =======================
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I use Cool Edit 2000 the full version with some plugins and it's one of the best apps you can get, there are however a few people that claim otherwise but I belive most of them just don't know how to use it properly..

Oh man I want an Audigy2 card..

:cheers:

Comment

alright atlast i ended up with a bunch of apps that are helping me get those new MP3's ;)

Sound editing: Goldwave v 5.04
            MP3 encoding: Lame 1.1.5

MP3 tagging with CDDB support: MusicMatch Jukebox Plus 7.5 (Super Tagging)
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

======================
            =======================
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I just use CDEX for my mp3's.. its supports cbbd lookup when you rip but not after the mp3 is already ripped unfortunately..

:cry:

I don't know if tagscan supports cddb but it does have mass batch conversions built right in..:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X