Kaspersky "NO Customer Service!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaspersky "NO Customer Service!"

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL WHO ARE CONSIDERING PURCHASING KASPERSKY PRODUCTS!

About two months ago I purchased a one year subscription 3 PC user Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 retail package with bonafide license and disk from Amazon.

Two days ago the software had a popup telling me that my license was now blocked. No reason was given.

Today I received an email stating that Amazon was not an "authorized reseller" for Kaspersky products. WTH?? The rep told me in the email that they would NOT issue another activation code, BUT they would give me a "Six Month Code" I would be able to use. (I am in awe of such a generous and benevolent extension of the customer service... NOT!) So therefore I would not receive the full 12 month license, losing 4 months worth of service and protection.

Excuse my use of some coarse language, but this is total bovine scatology!

This is absolutely the worst example of no-customer service I have ever experienced regarding computer software and/or hardware!

Kaspersky WILL NEVER get anymore business from me, and now that I have informed the members of this forum, I hope that anyone considering using Kaspersky products to step back and reconsider going to another product such as F-Secure or G-DATA.

Re: Kaspersky "NO Customer Service!"

So let me get this straight. You are pissed off at Kaspersky for blocking a key that was sold illegally by an Amazon reseller? If anything, they were generous with their offer, they could have just said go away. Your beef is with Amazon, not Kaspersky.
    This is what happens when we don't want to pay full price for software.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter View Post
      So let me get this straight. You are pissed off at Kaspersky for blocking a key that was sold illegally by an Amazon reseller? If anything, they were generous with their offer, they could have just said go away. Your beef is with Amazon, not Kaspersky.
      This is what happens when we don't want to pay full price for software.
      Well apparently you didn't read my post thoroughly!

I bought a BONA FIDE retail package with CD Case, Original Kaspersky install CD and license key. Same package one would purchase at Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, etc.

I DID NOT just purchase a key!

Amazon does not sell just keys... you should know that, but apparently you don't.

IF I had just purchased a key, then I would understand. However, it was a complete retail package factory sealed with UPC and such.

So you're off-hand remarks are not appreciated.

Comment

Who did you buy it from on Amazon? Was it Amazon directly or one of their resellers? I guess you never heard of counterfeiting? Did you email your seller and ask for a resolution from them?

If you bought it directly from Kaspersky then I would agree with you. Seeing how you purchased from a reseller then your beef is with the reseller. My remarks are not off-hand. They are based on facts and not emotions.
        GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
        AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
        Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
        Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
        Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
        PC P&C 500W PSU
        2TB Seagate
        Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Working...
        X