Convert FLAC to WMA or AAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert FLAC to WMA or AAC?

I was thinking of converting all my FLAC files. It's just that I'm not sure which setting is more efficient in preserving the original fidelity while remaining small in size:

AAC 320kbps
    AAC 500kbps
    WMA8 640kpps
    WMA8 320kbps
    WMA9.2 VBR

MP3 is not an option for obvious reasons. Sampling rate is set to 48KHz. I've never seen a 96KHz option in any audio converter. I don't know why, but I would like to see it implemented.

Reasons for converting: Free up more hard drive space (later I'm going to convert all my videos to H264 MP4 to save even more space) & support for Windows Media Player's Library (so OGG is out too).

Re: Convert FLAC to WMA or AAC?

I know you are looking for software suggestions, but maybe this would be better suited in the audio section?

If you want me to move it let me know! Sorry I don't have any suggestions that I know for sure work, maybe audactity

I found this discussion that might help

Comment

have you checked out doom9 ? not sure if there is what you need, but its the "best" site i know for codecs and converters.. and its ad-free: Doom9.net - The Definitive DVD Backup Resource
      My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
      Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
      Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Software suggestions are welcomed. But most importantly:

Is 500kbps - 640kpbs is an overkill? Is AAC more superior than WMA? Is 2-pass encoding recommended for AAC? Does setting the Sampling rate at 48Khz rather than the standard 44.1Khz make any difference?

Comment

>320K, AAC and OGG is almost up to 100% original quality.
          320K OGG=AAC>MP3>WMA
          256K OGG>AAC>MP3>WMA
          224K OGG>MP3>AAC>WMA
          192K OGG>MP3>WMA>AAC
          128K OGG>WMA>AAC>MP3

I greatly recommend WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to you. It will gives you ultimate control over SD, HD and 4K resolution video files, like MP4 H.264 MOD AVI ACC, just name a few . All bit rate and resolution parameters are adjustable to balance the video quality and the file size. Since Digiarty is giving away the latest version of WinX HD Video Converter DLX, you are welcome to get free license key till Oct.28.
          Code:
          [URL="http://www.winxdvd.com/giveaway/"]2014 Pre-Halloween Giveaway -Software Giveaway and Discount - DVD Video Converter Free License Serial Key[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X