Recommend me a free file recovery program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a free file recovery program

Can someone recommend a good free program to recover files off a hard drive that had them all marked for deletion? Thanks.

Re: Recommend me a free file recovery program

I use Lsoft @Active Undelete and it works great
    Active@ UNDELETE Software to recover deleted files folders & partitions. Windows XP VISTA 2003 2008.

Comment

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Comment

I use a program called "DiskDigger". It's very effective, offering both a quick and a thorough scan depending on how long you want to wait and how damaged the "deleted" file may be. it weighs in at a tin 1.44MB and has a permanent place on my Verbatim Mini USB drive (about 1cmx2cm, tiny thing). It is installed there along with all the other essentials I need to troubleshoot and/or remain anonymous on public machines including mobile versions of Openoffice.org, Firefox, Faststone Photo Resizer, VLC Portable, Thunderbird Portable and 7Zip portable.

You may want to consider making yourself such a selection of useful utilities. IMO it's essential to be able to run a file recovery program from a seperate drive as installing it to a machine may mean that the data you're trying to recover gets overwritten, which is a disaster because then you'll never get it back (well, not by using software).
        Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
        Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
        P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
        Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
        TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
        2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
        2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
        Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
        Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
        WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
        Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
        Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
        3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
        Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Comment

But I would suggest that you take a look at Advanced File Recovery. It recovers deleted files removed from the Windows Recycle Bin, or lost due to a hard drive format, virus attack, unexpected system shutdown or software failure.

Comment

If you are the Windows 7 OS, there has a free software will be useful for you, which is EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard 4.8 Beta . It can recover deleted files emptied from the Recycle Bin. And you can find same useful info form: How to Recover the Deleted Files and Folders.
            Last edited by Swokka; 12-29-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Now, there are two choices for you:
              1. easeus partition master home edition, it is a free partition recovery software, can recover data from any lost drive.
              2. easeus deleted file recovery. EASEUS Deleted File Recovery is a fully functional freeware designed to recover deleted files from all types of media such as Hard Disk Drives, Floppy Drives, Smart Media, Compact Flash, Memory Sticks, and other types of removable media.

Comment

You can use softwarepatch, I have it and it works great go to softwarepatch.com

Comment

Working...
                X