Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless networking control program for small office

Hi
    I want to set up a file sharing network wirelessly at my work. I have a Netgear Access Point all set up that people can see and works fine. I need to find a program that will let people upload and download files. really its just got to be a file sharing program. But i kinda want to limit how much people use the system. some sort of log in and then mb monitor for how much they are allowed to download.

I have looked all over the net but cant find any program that will help

any ideas?

Re: Wireless networking control program for small office

Assuming you're using Windows, you can simply create shared folders that allow people to upload files. You won't be able to limit peoples' usage of the system, but as long as you're on 802.11g or faster (meaning not a or b), you have no reason to.

Comment

I have a hard time connecting with my windows comp to my network @ home b/c it is run by mac, the mac has no prob accessing me though. So be careful when setting up a mixed server. Windows is the tricky one, I woulduse it for the server because macs can access them esier than a windows can access a mac.

Comment

Thanks for that guys. Really I want a program that will let me monitor how long and how much people upload/download from the server. (its a little scam to try and make some extra cash)
        Guess ill just have to keep looking.

Comment

Try Google. I think you might also be able to accomplish something like this in Server 2003's Network Load Balancing Manager applet, but you have neither the software nor the skills. Like I said, try Google.

Comment

I suggest using DC++. just set up a hub, i use yabba to do that and that will give you a lot of configureable settings i'm not sure if you can set a login password, i've never needed to set one. check out the dc++ forums and they guys over there might be able to help you out with setting a password on the server.

Comment

Working...
            X