problem with outlook express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with outlook express

the attachments to emails i recieve are faded out and i cant view them, any idea why?

Re: problem with outlook express

Go Tools/Options/Security and then untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".

Comment

too easy! thanx mate!

Comment

I can suggest try it...
        http://www.oemailrecovery.com - Repair and recovery Outlook Express folders and emails. Undelete Outlook Express messages. Recovering and repairing Windows Address Book.
        and
        http://www.mail-repair.com - Repairing a damaged or corrupted Outlook Express folders ands messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Slavic Sniper View Post
          the attachments to emails i recieve are faded out and i cant view them, any idea why?
          For working out current trouble it is naturally to use the application having admissibilities for fixing corrupted outlook express data. Current programs are able to manage for some hours - outlook express repair.

Comment

Hi! Try to find something to solve this problem here:
            htpp://www.filerepairforum.com/forum/microsoft/microsoft-aa/outlook-express/538%E2%80%8Brepair-outlook-express-dbx-file

· Close Outlook Express.
            · Double-click on the Recycle Bin to open it.
            · Recover Deleted or Lost Files. Easy & Safe
            · Look for the Outlook Express BAK files that you want to restore.
            · Right-click on each BAK file and choose "Restore."
            · Launch Windows Explorer.
            · Browse to the folder where your Outlook Express mail folder files are located. Check whether there are DBX files that have the same folder name as the BAK files you have restored. An example would be inbox.dbx and inbox.bak.
            · Move the DBX folders with same names as the BAK files to another folder. You can create a temporary folder.
            · Right-click on each BAK file. Choose "Rename." Change its file extension to DBX. Repeat for all the BAK files you restored.
            · Launch Outlook Express. Your mail folders should now be restored. If so, you can delete the DBX files you moved to another folder.

Comment

To some extand, repairing the outlookexpress is the best variant, but don't forget that some viruses can't be deleted out of the computer. So it' s better to reinstall the program.

Comment

Working...
              X