PHP, .ASP, C++, MySQL, Perl, Python, J++, .NET coding info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP, .ASP, C++, MySQL, Perl, Python, J++, .NET coding info

ok guys... i have a big request... im trying to lern every programming language in the book in the shortest ammount of time possible... and i am lost as to where to start so if EVERY PERSON THAT HAS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ANY OF THESE PROGRAMMING CODES: PHP, .ASP, C++, MySQL, Perl, Python, J++, V++, .NET, Linux, AND Unix. PLEASE SEND ALL INFORMATION TO [email protected] and remove _NOSPAM_ or post for all to see... also if you have information on literature, i.e. books or .pdf files or other sources of info pleast post links or email them to me. ALSO IF YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE W/ CODE INFO PLEASe PROVIDE A LINK... thank you to all the people that reply w/ info...
    **LAPTOP**
    Core 2 Duo "Memron" T7500 (2.2ghz)
    Intel Crestline GL960/GM965/PM965
    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M (512 MB)

Have you tried www.google.com for all of that? :confused:

Comment

www.techiwarehouse.com

Comment

yes i have tried google and google has been a valuable tool in finding info but theres just soooo much stuff, if i can get pointers from people who know the stuff it would be alot more helpful
        **LAPTOP**
        4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12

Comment

I dont think anyone could really learn every programing language as there are literally thousands of them, but if you dont knwo HTMl or any website coding that would be where to start as HTMLis really simple and i learned most of it in just a couple days

Heres a great website on some website coding http://www.w3schools.com/

If you want to learn some programming languages that you can make some really good programs wiht you might want to try out C++. Its not at all good for beginners so i suggest you learn HTMl and other web coding first then move onto Qbasic, even though its really old its quite easy. VB is good too. Then once you know many other languages learn c++. C++ will take a long time to learn though. It took me a little over a year to learn it. But i started out the same way i just toled you. For VB and C++
          I learned both from books and i suggest you do the same, but for Qbasic you can just find tuts on google and that would be fine cuz theres not as much involved in Qbasic as there is in C++

Python is also another good one to start with. I didnt but its fairly easy

Comment

Python is really good to start with. It's very easy but can be quite useful. After getting some Python basics down, switching to C, C++, or C# would be good. A programmer recently told me learning the basics of C (I only know Python currently), then switching to C# would be best.

Search Google for speciifc guides. The best ones tend to be near the top (they're there for a reason).

Comment

I agree with Yawgm0th. But if you really want to learn c++ I would suggest getting a book instead of using tutorials on the internet as there is alot involved in c++

Comment

FYI, there is always arguements over wether or not HTML is a programming language but most experienced users will tell you it is not. It is more of a scripting language. Think of making a plugin for a program, you would most likely use some specific scripts or commands that are native to said program. Thats almost the same at HTML, but is has become so wise spread that some think it is a programming language.

However, I also recommend starting there. I did, and now I know HTML/CSS, PHP/MySQL, Java, Javascript, and a bit of pascal and VB. Next is C++.

Comment

HTML is a markup language. Hence the name HyperText Markup Language. It is the simplest language of any kind you will ever use. If you spend enough time looking at it and using it, you can become more fluent in it that you are in your native tongue.

Learning programming languages (and markup languages, too) isn't much different from learning a spoken/written language. In fact, I would say gaining fluency in the grammar (or syntax, if you will) is about as difficult as learning a human language. Python and C++ would be comparable to the simpler Romance languages, such as Spanish and France (to someone whose native tongue is English). Perhaps harder to gain the full power of, but easier to gain the basics of. Some of the more complicated languages that aren't as often used might be comparable to learning a language that uses seperate characters, such as Japanese or Hebrew.

The only major difference is you will speak and write a human language, but you will only write (well, type) a programming language. That just makes it easier because you don't have to think on your feet. However, if you cannot grasp any grammatical concepts of human languages (your own and others) without difficulty, than programming might not be something to attempt learning for you.

Well, actually Python and HTML are so easy almost anyone can use them.... :D

Comment

the reason i didn't list html in the topic title is because i alreaky know enough html to write web pages... i just want to learn the other main languages so i can make some serious web pages... tutorials are somewhat helpful but not the best... i have already gotten my hands on SAMS teach yourself PHP4 in 24 hours book and am in the process of reading that....
                    **LAPTOP**
                    4096mb DDR2-667 5-5-5-12

Comment

Working...
                    X