Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Control Software

Hi there

do you know, which software can adjust the speed of the fan per software? i tried several like motherboard monitor 5 or speedfan 4.09 but they didn't work for my Abit NF7. do you know anything?

I've never heard of a software that does that and can't comprehend one doin' so without havin' some form of supportin' hardware to do the actual voltage manipulation. Get a rheobus to do that.

Comment

oh wow, it works with speedfan! :woot: :woot: :woot:
      just had to configure it right, so it works now :D
      but it only supports 2 fans

Comment

So you are powering the fans from the mobo headers then? I never like to do that.

Comment

from the headers? what's so bad about it? tell me ;)
          no i'm not using the headers, i'm just doing the regular plugs. not bad for a program, huh? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Sincerity
            from the headers? what's so bad about it? tell me
            it puts unesesary stress and strain on the mobo's circuitry

Comment

Not only that but some fans have been known to kill mobo's hooked up that way but it can also limit a good overclock plus cause system instabilities.

Comment

... are fancontrols not suitable for mobos then? more like hardware would be better?

Comment

Hardware controlling would be much better and safer.

Comment

ok, that's great ^^ so should i deinstall it and let that supermegadamnhotlikeatrainnoisy-fan go on till i get a fancontrol that works? i had one, but it busted up -.-

Comment

That would be what I'd do plus power the fans straight from the PSU only leaving the monitoring wires connected to the mobo.

Comment

Powering fans from the mobo may be even more dangerous if the load differs like it would when speed controls are used. :2cents:

Comment

how should i plug it into the PSU if there aren't the right wires to connect to? do you have a site, which shows it, how to do it? before my VGA goes :steam: without a silent fan.

I've got the asus ti 8420 and the fan broke down, dunno why, i opened it and saw that there was a big scratch in the fan. does asus replace it for me or should i buy the zalman passive cooler?
                          i even contacted asus, but no answer till now

Comment

You can get 3-4 pin adaptors from most good PC stores and better ones carry them with the monitoring hookup but I make my own with parts from electronics stores.

Comment

Working...
                            X