Outlook New Mail Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook New Mail Notification

Is there anyway to have Outlook or Outlook Express display a notification when new mail arrives? Something more visual than the standarad envelope that appears in your system tray...

I use a free program called Poppeeper...has a little mailbox with the flag going up and down when I get mail. Checks more than one acct too. Doesnt show up unless you have mail.

Comment

In Outlook Express I think you can only do a sound as a notification, but in the full Outlook you can have a small popup message come up anytime you receive a new message(s). Under both applications, you will want to check out the OPTIONS to make it happen. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

As suggested by Darthanion - in Outlook it is

Options - Preferences Tab - Email Preferences - "Display a notification when new mail arrives" - umm well tick this

As another option u can set up rules via the Outlook Rules wizard.
        This enables u to display a custom message and play a custom sound. If u filter it u can have a specific sound for mail from specific people. I have it set-up to play the 'oh-ooh' sound when work email comes in.

It' easy to do - just go to the rules wizard and follow ur nose.

I dont know about OExpress but remember there was some rules in it too - maybe u can do the same?
        Splash

:afro:
        OK so my signature is lame - I can live with it!

Comment

Working...
        X