i Want to start a dial-up service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i Want to start a dial-up service

I'm moing to a small town were there is no broadband only dial-up and the dial-up there makes you pay by the hours no unliminted internet.

i kow that there is a t1 in the town so i know i an get that but i need to know....

well everything else

what equitment i will need
    who i would probly have to talk for what ever services i need.

or/and any web site you could refure me to would be great
    im not to worryed about the price well to a point now hear me.

thaks for any help :D

pfft, why start up a dialup service, just have the t1 for ya self :devil:
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

nooooooo, not THAT T1!

get your OWN T1! :D

Comment

i cant aford it by my self

Comment

Dude:eek:

I think that you might best check and see if you can get a government grant -- something in the category of "providing internet access to rural communities" perhaps.

A trunk connection to the internet alone is going to cost several thousand $'s per month most likely.
          Then you need some expensive equipment, if you envision being a reliable ISP -- Not to mention some folks with the know-how to set it all up (you ever seen the size of a book on the topic of an e-mail daemon for instance), they don't work for free most likely.

Of course, if you are independantly wealthy, a quick trip to your banker might get you a nice business loan for a 1.5 million dollars or so.
          Although I'd advise against that -- never start a business with your own money, that's just not good business practice.:D
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

well thast my plan there is 50k grant money out there waiting for me

so like i said $$$$$ not to big of a problem

Comment

50k?
              With all the money the government has, the best you can come up with is 50k?

Tell them to print some more:D
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

lol :laugh:

have them print me some while your at it papa ;)

Comment

Anyone know how mucha private T1 line would cost?

Comment

I've heard tell that it is somewhere in the neighborhood of US$1000/month, but I haven't priced one so can't say for sure if that is an accurate figure. Just what I've heard before.
                    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                    My Toys

Comment

depending on who you get it from any were from 1000-2500$$$ a month
                      :shoot3:

Comment

mmmmmmmm t1 goodness :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

50k US wouldn't get you much of a setuyp dude

i would be saying 7-80k atleast
                        TT Original

Comment

Getting into the ISP business hey... Make sure you do lots of research. I wouldn't have thought the United States Government would have had to offer grants for this kind of thing in a country so technicalogically advanced. : peace:

Comment

well there is alot of money out there to do small business that i would qulify for and there is money out there for small town internet they wount everyone out there to be on-line.

I just need to know were to start so i can start reading up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                              Getting into the ISP business hey... Make sure you do lots of research. I wouldn't have thought the United States Government would have had to offer grants for this kind of thing in a country so technicalogically advanced. : peace:
                              For the most part, it was government programs that got phone lines to the rural communities to begin with.

If they're going to give free access to the Native Americans, the least they can do is get a pay-for-it service to farmers and such.

Thanks to the state Governors wired schools program, rumor has it DSL will be coming my way.
                              The Governor caused a lot of fuss when he used prisoners to wire the schools instead of contracting electricians.
                              But he got the schools wired, and saved the state a fortune -- 0.24 $'s an hour vs. the big bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X