This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for best prices! (UK)

Hehe, well, thought I'd help out any brits here, seeing as the Americans and Aussies are currently catered for. Try http://www.priceguideuk.com for the cheapest prices on computer hardware to domestic appliances and cars :)

Hope this has some use for atleast a few people :D

Hi ,

Thanks for that very useful link ! Lol was biting my nails I had the cheapest price for my Lian Li case but the site confirmed it !

Gerry: peace:

Comment

512MB DDR PC3200 • CL=3 • Non-parity •

£75.19 down for £90 a couple of days ago :woot:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/list...b=Package&cat=

Comment

http://www.chillblast.com/index.asp

this site above has some really good gold edition memory cosair and it has the 466 clocked cosir to so it will save you the trouble of overclocking it if you dont have any experience in this field

Comment

I wasn't expecting to see a UK best prices thread along with the US and aussie ones :)

www.komplett.co.uk is a nice site if you are looking for PC hardware. Their prices may not be the cheapest (although quite cheap) but the have a nice range of products and i have never had a problem ordering from them.

Also www.cpucity.co.uk have very competitive prices and have been recomended to me by a few people but i have no personal experience of ordering from them.

Comment

thanks for the links man!

Whats "non parity" means? i saw in www.crucial.com for the PC3200 512 Mb memory

Comment

this is the site selling cheap computer parts and accesories www.ebuyer.co.uk

Comment

Might not be the right thread for this but......

A site I don't recommed is www.dabs.com

The worst customer service I'v had

Bought a MSI 875 neo, sent it back under a rma no and they send me back the wrong board! Not major you may think but after ages trying to get them to swop it out no deal the expected me to send it back (and pay for it!). b4 I got a new one.

Eventualy they are collecting today But still no swop It must go back ect ect ect.

Well pi**ed off I can tell you. I'v bought a few hundred pounds from them NO MORE

Be warned.

EDIT After many emails to and fro, it seems that MSI sent me the 865 as a direct replacement for the 875!!!!!! NO WAY, still waiting for a refund but they say its on the way. Still the worst customer service I'v had. If I was daft enough to take it they would have fobbed me off with a much cheaper MB with less features.

Now at least I will get all my cash back and will start again.

Comment

I'm tempted to buy from MicroDirect, but I've never ordered from them before. They came off cheapest on a number of products that I searched for, and they have a fairly good range of products.

crazysniper22 - Non-parity is basically the same as non-EEC.

Comment

Im convinced, this reseller is the cheapest I've bought from. I've bought from ebuyer, www.eclipse-computers.co.uk.
                    But if you want the best hardware that you can't find on normal Uk resellers websites then try this place. Im going to buy from them in the future even though they are america based. see they get the best before we do, and thats a fact!!

www.xoxide.com

www.overclockers.co.uk

Have a nice day!!
                    Last edited by jamie_horwood; 08-01-2004, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Re: Search for best prices! (UK)

You may want to try www.scan.co.uk
                      This is where I go for my hardware and they are very good.

They sell things for near wholesale price. You do have to wait a lot of the time, but it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harpoon View Post
                        I'm tempted to buy from MicroDirect, but I've never ordered from them before. They came off cheapest on a number of products that I searched for, and they have a fairly good range of products.

crazysniper22 - Non-parity is basically the same as non-EEC.

these guys are awesome www.microdirect.co.uk
                        ive ordered loads of times they have 2 couriers citylink (which is good) and amtrack who are awful
                        they will use citylink if you ask em 2 you dont have 2 order online can phone em directly give card details and order youre done.if you choose amtrak and they dont deliver on the day theyre meant to u will get refunded the delivery charges and still get ur goods 1 day l8r good customer service but theyre not trained in compatability i know more than they do and im a novice .if u feel like orderin off em do it u wont be dissapointed they dont know much but they will give you good service just keep track of your order i also know a phone no that is only a landline no. cheap as chips 01612 484848 also they give u 3yr warranty to return faulty goods back to the store as long as you dont tamper with stuff!! go for it

also can sum1 have a look at my thread in applications as i really need help with my dvd writer it copys cd but wont even play dvd let alone write em

Comment

This really is an old sticky but
                          Skinflint Price Comparison UK

memoryc does memory,psu's and coolers with free delivery even if only spending £1 and prices are good.
                          Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                          Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                          Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                          8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                          60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                          GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                          Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                          http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
                          X