ADSL/CABLE Gateways/routers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADSL/CABLE Gateways/routers

ok, well i'm looking for a gateway/router, and these are the ones i'm looking at:

Netgear RT314

D-link DI804

Accton AC-IG1004

does anyone have any of these and/or have any comments about them?
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

I know people using the D-link and also Linksys 4 pt. gateways with no problems.
    I have a 3Com Gateway, which I chose because it's also a print server - but 3Com has discontinued it

Comment

the main thing i want to know about, will they create lag? (eg, when i had a p166 as the gateway, there was heaps of lag, packet loss AND choke :() i just don't want that :)
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Great site for home/SOHO broadband router reviews. they even rate network throughput in their reviews so you know if the router slows down your connection.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

Comment

ahhhh... how could i for get about that one??

thnx DDD
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

andy,
            i have the linksys 1 port home router and i LOVE it. its configured via a web page and it creates 0 lag. i dont know anything about the other routers...
            [space saving sig]
            AMD 0wn3z j00!
            [/space saving sig]

Comment

next question:

was it expensive compared to the netgear etc?
              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

just slightly off-topic:

From my vast experiences with Netgear products, they are pretty darn good. I've used a 24port Netgear switch heavily, as well as using Netgear NICs in all my PC's..... haven't had the slightest problem with any of them...

Go netgear.. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
                  ahhhh... how could i for get about that one??

thnx DDD
                  No problem it was just sitting here in my favorites list waiting to be quoted.. :D

Comment

ok, i'mm gonna go with the netgear RT314... when i have money.... after my upgrade... :(

its gonna be a looooooooooong time til i get it :( :cry:
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I have the Linksys 4 port w/ built in Switch.. The thing is a beauty!

100mb file transfers between routed computers take mere seconds.

Setup is relatively easy too, with an IP address interface to be used with IE or Netscape.
                      Chris "Raven"
                      News Crew - TweakTown
                      <!--
                      <font size=1>
                      <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                      - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                      - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                      - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                      </font>
                      // -->
                      "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Working...
                      X