Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mainstream motherboard - Gigabyte or Asus 2017 model? Advice needed

Hi all,

I've a Gigabyte motherboard purchased in 2008 model GA-EP45-UD3R. My CPU is Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 @2.83 Ghz. I am satisfied with the performance and stability as it has been serving me for 8 years but recently when I upgraded my system RAM from 2 GB to 8 GB, it started having lot's of problems. Please check my post out to get an information about those problems and how to solve them: https://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...-8-gb-ram.html

Although Gigabyte states on it's website that this model supports upto 16 GB of DDR2 RAM, I think that's a far cry. This thing doesn't even support 8 GBs of RAM in it's default BIOS settings! You need to overclock your memory just in order to stabilize the system when using 6 or more GB of RAM. Moreover, I couldn't find any 4 GB single DDR2 RAM module in the local market so as to combine 4 of the sticks for achieving a total of 16 GBs.

Hence, I am planning to soon upgrade my whole system as my PC workload requires more than 8 GB of RAM. I need a motherboard with 16 GB to 32 GB of RAM support. Also, 64 GB of support would be awesome for future expansions. Please suggest a good mainstream motherboard with these features. I am not a gamer but a creative professional. I work on video editing and music production. So, kindly keep that in mind before suggesting me. Also, I want none of the non sense like additional overclocking requirements just to run 8+ or 16+ GB of RAM. If motherboard says that it supports 16 GB, then it should be able to run that size memory at stock settings by all means!

Also, I am confused between choosing Gigabyte or Asus. I've a slight bias for Gigabyte as I have been using this company's mobo for 8 years now but also hear great things about Asus when it comes to motherboard manufacturing. So, I am willing to buy an Asus mobo if it's worth it.

My budget for the motherboard is 5-10k (INR)
    My current CPU won't be compatible with the new motherboard so, kindly suggest me a good multitasking CPU as well. (my budget for CPU is 20k)

thanks in advance,

regards,
    man30885

Re: Best mainstream motherboard - Gigabyte or Asus 2017 model? Advice needed

Both are OK,
    I just use ASUS in 15 years and thats why reccomend it. Never broke

Comment

Re: Best mainstream motherboard - Gigabyte or Asus 2017 model? Advice needed

Mine is Asus and it works properly.

Comment

Working...
      X