Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers!!

G'days :DD:
    I was just wondering all of you audio enthusiasts, what are the best speakers out in the Australian market today.
    All other country men and women, feel free to input.
    When regarding a certain type of speaker, could you please list where you purchased it from, or where you can purchase it from and its price.
    Thanks for any helpful input.

Just buy a 5.1 channel speaker set, from a good brand, such as creative, altec lansing or even abit. The Abit ones are probably the cheapest, and are pretty decent, you can pick em up at ARC computers in parramatta if thats nearby to you.

Comment

If you want the best, then look at Klipsch. Their ProMedia 5.1 setups are still being reviewed as the best you can get. Unfortunately, they tend to be expensive, but you get what you pay for. Retail price for these speaks is US$399.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

IMHO, best bang for the buck = Logitech Z560 5.1. MSRP = $199us, have seen them on special a couple of times for as low as $139us online.

Comment

The Z-560's are 4.1's not 5.1's. Truthfully I think you should stick to 4.1's unless your gonna watch DVD movies on your comp. If not the 4.1's create a virtual center channel that is actually better then 5.1 speakers. Ya I heard the Z-560's are good my brother is probably getting some soon. Also the Altec Lansings 641's are also good and compete with the Z-560's for less of a price.

Comment

ARCCO is only 10 minutes away from me :D

What is the difference with 4.1 and 5.1 for watching dvd movies??
            Is there a really big difference?

Comment

I will most likely be purchasing them from ARCCO
              --> http://www.arcco.com.au
              Relatively good priced, they also stock all the speakers that you guys have suggested.
              One exception, the LOGITECH Z-560 are $373
              and the ALTEC LANSING 641 are $487. You have said the altec's are cheaper, did you mean the other way around ??

Comment

5.1 speakers has 5 channels and a subwoofer 5+1. 2 in the front one in the middle and 2 in the back. 4.1 is the same thing except without the center channel. But it does create something called a virtual center channal which will actually make things sound better then a 5.1 sound system. Cause the center channel is literally silent unless your watching a DVD movie. Of course if your watching a movie then ya a 5.1 system will sound better but for everything ellse. I'm all 4.1.

As for price. I was basing it on newegg.com apparently they don't sell the 641's anymore. I had thought they were cheaper. heh maybe the 641's got the price drop first? And that is the time that I am basing my price off of?

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me RD.
                  I'm currently going to place my vote on the Logitech Z-560's. Yet i want to save money so the A-bit SP53 5.1 speakers seem ok.
                  Can anyone who has used them themselves tell me about either speaker set.
                  The A-bit speakers are far cheaper a whole $228 AUD cheaper.
                  So any input upon either set of speakers would be great. :D

Comment

I'm probably in the minority here - but anything more than a 2.1 system is a waste for me - I don't game enough to appreciate the surround effects & I watch all my DVD's on the big screen & DTS audio system in my rec room - plus I find it annoying when I keep tripping over the wires to the rear speakers.

I had a set of the Creative Inspire 5300's but unloaded them on a friend last month - they were 5.1's but I didn't find the sound quality to be anything special.

I recently picked up a set of Altec Lansing ATP3's for $78cdn & have found them to be pretty impressive, better than the ACS45.2's on my other system - which I've been more than happy with for the past 2 years.:thumb:

Comment

You got the sound card capable of it right? Cause creative makes the worst speakers compared to the other companies. Its almost literally a joke I read a review on the 5300's. Someone opened up one of the speakers and that BIG BIG SUBWOOFER is actually just a huge open box and the speaker is like 3 inches. The speaker that actually show is just there for its looks but does operate. Also the wattage that the speakers say they are capable of is not true because inside the speakers (opened up again) it has the max wattage which is half of what they say in the specs! So when you say not impressed with quality and you prefere the altec lansing 2.1's. I guess the 2.1's actually make better quality.

Comment

Out of those speakers i'd go with the Abit 5.1 because its a cheap 5.1 channel setup, and its great stuff, and i jsut wouldnt be able to bring myself to spend like $400 on speakers.

Comment

Now now now in situation like this ebay becomes your best friend. I got myself a pair of altec lansing ACS56 4.1's. I got them for 50 bucks! Of course I didn't but them used. I bought them brand new and from a power seller one that had there ebay store and with over 10K feedback.

As for spending 400 on a speakers? I totalyl agree. I can spend 400 on a video card I let the price drop to 300.

Comment

Hehe im seriously considering purchasing the Z-560 for $373AUD.
                            But for a few pc speaker reviews, good old dan has shone more light on the subject
                            ---> http://www.dansdata.com/
                            Im not using them for serious gaming hehe lol, i would be pretty stupid to purchase them just for that. We (my family) already have a home theatre setup. This is just for my bedroom.
                            Im still considering my purchase, but at the moment you (fellow tweaktown peeps) have swung me towards the Logitech side :D

Comment

Yeh Logitech, Altec Lansing, and Klipsch will all be of higher quality than Abit, Abit is more towards the value side, actually its probably the cheapest 5.1 channel setup ive seen (that doesnt suck).

Comment

Working...
                              X