Kingston vs Samsung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston vs Samsung

Whitch of theese brands should i choose? It is rdram pc-1066 i'm talking about. I've heard only good things about Samsung. What is your opinion? Does it mather when it comes to oc? /Thx

Why are you buying rdram pc-1066???

There is VERY LITTLE (1-3%) advantage in using RDram instead of DDR ram. Just make sure to buy a P4 board that can support DDR. And RD-Ram is far more expensive, and it never gets cheaper, (like DDR is about to).

Comment

Very true Zeradul..i forgot where i read that in.. PC2700 is the best DDR out there for p4 systems. Even better than 3200. Correct me if i am wrong.: peace2:
      - Damien

Comment

I have read that it is more difference in performance than that, and that rdram 1066 is the only way if you want to take full advantage of the 533 fsb. And how is the ddr vs rdram when it comes to oc?

:confused:

Comment

Wiggo ! Post that link you have referring to the performance of various top end mobo/chipset/processor combos. I don't think in ANY instance, PC1066 outperforms DDR by 5%. And that link he will post has a giant barage of benchmarks.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive. :D
            http://www17.tomshardware.com/mainbo...722/index.html
            http://www17.tomshardware.com/mainbo...720/index.html
            Checkout both as the second one explores things to come. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Wiggo ! Post that link you have referring to the performance of various top end mobo/chipset/processor combos. I don't think in ANY instance, PC1066 outperforms DDR by 5%. And that link he will post has a giant barage of benchmarks.

Comment

I think that ya maybe gettin' confused with that video card graph that I spam around here but here's another lot of benches from a different source, http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1624&p=7 ,but remember that there is no one benchmark for chipsets and memory that's really goin' to give ya the full picture. : peace2:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Well RDRam is turning into dead end technology real quick. Only one board has adopted support for 32bit RDRam which means all other boards require all slots filled and modules to be installed in pairs, and it does not look like intel is going to support 64bit RDRam (PC1200 & PC1600), even though at the moment RDRam gives a VERY SLIGHT performance advantave (<%5) it costs about %50 more (for PC1066) and is inevitably going to be discontinued (in the near future)

Comment

what the hell, am i the only one that cant see this thread properly anymore?

Comment

Nope ya not the only one. :confused:

Comment

LOL! I've seen forums have mistakes before, but in all cases, the thread becomes unstable and you cannot read it or post to it... this is a first!

LOL! :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Wiggo, what did ya post after my msg about RDRam, was there anything at all?

Comment

see, I knew there was a reason I used Opera Browser - IT IS WAY BETTER!

(Opera Browser to IE is like DDR Ram to RDRAM :P)

edit: sadly opera crashed after posting this :( but, see all those windows I had opened, yes Opera allows you to return to where u were b4 crashing :D

Comment

Well there ya go. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X