Micro-ATX Computer Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro-ATX Computer Case

Lookin for a small mATX case that is compliant to the micro-ATX standard - that is, ANY mATX mobo will fit it :) must be available in Aus.

Small is the keyword, currently we use a case that is

(w)15cm x (h)30cm x (d)36cm, however it only accepts one motherboard model and so we need another option, we also don't want a case that requires special riser cards, ie. it can be no thinner than 14cm.

If you could offer some suggestions it would be appreciated, also, if you could help in my other thread in regard to an mATX mobo please go here

AOpen Desktop
    AOpen Tower and this one too.
    Lian Li have a few to but they cost ya. :smokin:

Comment

The Lian Li cases are a RIP OFF nothing more nothing less. Dont buy them unless you have money to throw around. If you want good value and design then Aopen makes some nice mini towers the HQ85 of pretty good design, if you live in australia i saw it in dick smith on clearance for $78 so its cheap too

Comment

I believe that MaCase and Inwin make some good Micro cases too though I havn't seen anyone who stocks them. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

techbuy (www.techbuy.com.au) and online marketing (www.computermarket.com.au) both stock a fair few macase cases. ive only ever bought from computermarket though, its expensive but quite reliable

Comment

Heres a list of microATX from both those retailers.

Aopen H300a (uATX 145W) - $99
            Aopen HQ85 (uATX 145W) - $88.55
            InWin V500N (uATX 145W) - $89
            Macase Galaxy KA580 (uATX 250W) - $136
            Macase KA-731CD (uATX 150W) - $125

Those are all the decent microATX cases that are cheap (lian li costs $260 and upwards).

Comment

Well I should say thx for the suggestions. I did some hting myself after i posted the message and so far I have the following cases that sorta suit (in order of preference):

YeongYang - YY-A102
              YeongYang - YY-A101
              In-win - IW-V500
              In-win - IW-V600
              In-win - IW-L551
              Aopen - H450A
              Lian-Li - PC-42

The In-win will be the easiest for us to get onto, but if we can get a smaller one/more flexible version then we are open to suggestion.

As i said in the first post, stuff that is too thin/low (ie. under 13-14cm) can't be used, we don't want to have to use low-profile PCI cards if we wanna throw in new NICs/vidcards. so that rules out models like aopens 300, 310 and 340 series, the couple from in-win are also slims, but the couple of small micro cases that In-win have are for one, not geared toward users without a CD ROM drive, and the other, they look plain crap. If we go the way of a case that is in the approximate size of the IW-v500 (most mATX cases are this size) we will just go that way otherwise, if we can get some more options like this from Yeong Yang:

and this:

They are the perfect size just might not be as easy for our supplier to get a hold of.
              The macase cases are alright :rolleyes: but they look pretty crappy and are as big/bigger than the IW-v500 (dunno out that 731CD model couldnt find it on macase's site)

aside from all that, cheap don't matter as much as space saving does.

Thanx heaps for the help ppl and if u have any other cases that I might not know about - do tell :)

Comment

I think EYO has a couple of Yeong-Yang cases

Comment

so they do :)

i guess that means that YY cases can be got in Aus :thumb:

i'll have to do some hunting on that forefront now...

Comment

Working...
                  X