Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me get a laptop please.

Hi,

I'm getting a laptop soon. And I'd like to see some opinions on what I should get.. I'm only going to use it for mp3's, school/college, and travel... I like it to be around 1000 dollars tops. Thanks.

BTW, I want a GOOD screen on it. I dont want those monitors with like no refresh rate.

Thanks, if you are going to give me some opinions. :) :( :afro: :afro: :afro: :thumb:

is that $1000 Aus, cdn, US or other?

I just bought a higher end laptop @ work for one of our Salesmen
    it was more in the $3000cdn range ($2000US/$4000Aus) but it had a 15" LCD - you can save a lot if you go with a 14.1"

Although it may be tough to get in a $1000 laptop - I find Radeon mobility graphics to be superior to Geforce2go

Comment

i personally would spend my money on a desktop, and get a pda or something else for the traveling. I know what you are going to use it for, but by the time you get out of school, you will have wasted your money on a laptop that will probably be obsolete

Comment

You're not gonna find a decent laptop for much under 1000 in the US, let alone AUS, especially at that rate. Buy yerself a desktop and a PDA, like suggested above.

The only laptop you'll be able to get is either by a really nice person or a POS one.

Comment

Yes I agree get a desktop and a PDA of some sort but if you have your heart set on a Laptop you might wanna try Dell or Sony's refurb webpage. You can get Refurb's for around 1 grand sometime's

Comment

One of my distributors was offering IBM Thinkpads for A$1,750 (inc GST) a while back, don't know if they still offer them. This is about US$905 (as of the 15/1/02)

Might be worthwhile looking at IBM's low-end range :)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I purchased a laptop from www.discountpcsales.com and have been quite pleased with it to date. This company is a reseller of ARM laptops and are low-pressure salesmen. They make $150 per sale, and won't force something you don't need on you.

Although they sell lightweights, I opted for a heavier model. No problems to date. Hope this helps.

Don

Comment

Check out mcglen.com they have what looks like a decent generic one for $800

Comment

Working...
                X