Atom CPU based notebooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atom CPU based notebooks

My wife wants a little Intel atom notebook since her portable DVD player quit working. She thinks she can use it for wireless internet and watching movies. I'm pretty sure most of them don't have DVD players but I see where the small size of the system and the wireless internet would be nice for her but movies are a must. Any ideas? Maybe some type of media player or atleast something better than a portable DVD but not as spendy as a laptop. Windows and movies were never that great together in my opinion anyway.

Re: Atom CPU based notebooks

have her check out netflixs.com its only 8 dollars month and she can watch movie live stream good quality.

Comment

atom isnt that slow, consider what we had years ago, this is very decent laptop, but the price has to be right.

Comment

got an acer one it is great use it more then my reg laptop.. real handy the only problem i had so far is the bios dies one in a while . but an easy fix..so many haks for it and right now the 8 inches are being discontinued so they are the cheapest they are going to be.. get one with a harddrive 120 or 160 but low on mem 1/2 gig and upgrade the mem yourself..get an externate dvd player if you want to play dvd or cds from it .. and install a mod version of win xp for it..
        mine feels like it is faster then my gateway duo core with 2 gigs of ram..downgraded xp.. the acer has only 1/2 gig on ram on it..but it is running a mod version of xp...

Comment

Working...
        X