Buying from GameDude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from GameDude

what do you guys think about buying products from gamedude? i've heard lots of mixed views about the way they run things. i sent them an email asking a question which took a good 3 days to reply which is not always a good thing :/

Pretty much answered your own question there.

Their service and manner is shocking. The way they neglect and in some cases insult customers is disgraceful. Lowest prices be dammed, id gladly pay the extra 5buks for someone who can
    a) be nice on the phone
    b) answer an email same-day, instead of next-month.
    c) dont screw up an order

If you live near em, your best bet is to go down and get the stuff in person. Hope you enjoy long lines.
    otherwise your taking a 50/50 chance of actually getting the deal done in a timely and organised fashion.

Comment

Really? this is the first i hear about gamedude not being good. I bought a volcano 7, arctic silver 3 and an SB live OEM from them about 2 months back, and it all came in about 1 week nicely packaged and wrapped with no damaged components. My experience with them was good, but i cant speak for everyone

Comment

Well, i live pretty close by to the shop, and happened to buy quite a bit from them.

There's five words to describe them "low price, extremly poor service" or no service at all.

A friend of mine once said that he'd rather spend more to buy at a place where he gets good service after trying to getting a p3 mobo from them.

So if you want service, go somewhere else, coz u r not gonna get it from GameDude.

however, on the whole, it still provides the best price in aus, although some companies beat them by a couple of dollars, they seem to beat it at the next price update.

oh yeah, about the line..............................last purchase - a cd burner took me 50 mins. and whenever i happen to drive by, there's always and i mean always people lining up out side the shop, it's just.............unbelievable!

Comment

Yeah I've heard about the line-ups at that place but the prices I don't think are that special as a lot of smaller local stores around me here in Sydney have prices just as good if not better than theirs and there are no line-ups here either. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yeh beecom has some pretty good prices and is not too far off, merrylands i think. Gamedude may beat then by $5 or $10 but you end up paying that in shipping anyway (if your not from QLD). I guess i was lucky then that i got my stuff from them quickly and all in order?

Comment

Very.

Comment

Oh well i suppose thats what you get for ordering from an extremely busy business. And they dont have the cheapest prices in australia, if you want something that you see it gamedude you can always find it cheaper elsewhere if you look hard enough

Comment

I'm luckily located in an area of Sydney that has some very good suppliers within an 20min drive of me that supply me very good prices as I come to know them over the last 3yrs. :smokin:

Comment

which ones? there arent many decent comp. shops near my place, they are all either rip offs or dont stock anything.

Comment

I had to goto artarmon just to pick up a CD burner because it either wasnt in any local shops or was over $100 over what i saw it advertised.

Comment

I use http://www.beecom.com.au/
                        http://www.blueskycomputer.com.au/index.asp
                        and Nth. Rocks markets to supplying my main parts then http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index.php
                        http://www.pcmarket.com.au/pricelist/
                        http://www.eyo.com.au/
                        to supply what those places don't.
                        Dick Smith and Jaycar stores are handy to for those small bits and pieces.
                        Actually the last two PC's that I've built, all bar the cases and HSF's, all the parts have come from vendors at Nth.Rocks. :smokin:

Comment

Hmm, i prefer not to buy from north rocks anymore, even though its cheap as hell and very close to my house (10mins drive), because half the stuff i bought there for my comp kinda ended up being defective. I had to return a HDD as well as a CD drive because they both were completely busted. I like beecom though, but getting to merrylands with no license is kinda a problem

Comment

You have to know which are the good vendors there to get the right stuff but as with all markets there are a few shady ones as well. ;)

Comment

Yeh actually i bought the 52x Sony CD=Rom for the dudes that own the shop computer target (the one upstairs near the car park) and the people that own a shop in rydalmere. Also my sister bought a monitor from some pom blokes there and she haggled them down so far we shouldve known somethin was wrong. (the monitor never worked). Anyhow if your buying there from someone who doesnt have a shop your askin for trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X