No announcement yet.

is everglide mousepad good for optical mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is everglide mousepad good for optical mouse?

hi,
    i just recently purchase a logitech dual optical mouse. i am now looking to buy a quality mouse pad. i've been looking at everglides attack and giganta pads. are these good for optical mouses? or is there another one that someone can recommend? thanks in advance.

I hear that the Ratpadz are a lot bigger and better...not to mention they are cheap..I don't know about the everglides though

more info here http://ratpadz.com/f/index.html

Comment

Since I got my optical mouse (several months ago) I find myself no longer confined by the dimensions of a mousepad.
      I just run it around on the desktop with no skips, glitches or bugs whatsoever.

Man, now that I've tried optical, I don't ever want to go back to one of those mechanical contraptions. I got spoiled real quick!
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I'm with Mr.C on this one for the exact same reason though anyone with a glass or highly reflective surface would need something to use one on. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Excellent point there about reflective surfaces Wiggo:thumb:
          I now remember why they still sell mouse pads:geek:
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Mr. C, I have an MS explorer (the new version) On its way.... I was going to get a ratpad but now I think I will wait to see how well it does just on my dekstop.....

I have a woodgrain desktop and was worried about the texture...I guess I will see when it gets here

Comment

Yeah, give it a whirl and see what happens. Just might turn out fine, and if not, you know how to fix it.
              Hopefully you'll have the pleasure of unrestricted mousing. I remember the aggravation of going off the edge of the mousepad from time to time, hopefully those days will be gone for you too.

Comment

ha! I guess that means I have to keep my desk clean...

hehe...only if you could see it right now...

Comment

Clean desk??
                  Now there's a concept I'd bet my wife would like to see put into practice:laugh:

Comment

ha! I can see it now....Now Dad, you have to clean your desk before you can compute!

Comment

Most always there is room for one more coffee cup.
                      I just got a Hercules Game Theater XP yesterday so until I get it worked out where that's going to go it is a bit more cluttered than I'm used to.
                      But hey, there is always tomorrow. And if not - then who cares!:D

Funny thing is I'm nearly a fanatic about keeping my HDD free of clutter - but as for the workstation, it's basically an assortment of piled up stuff.

Comment

well, the mouse kinda sticks to my desk...so I am thinking about the ratzpad.... Maybe I could put tape over the plastic stubs on the bottom of the mouse...

I guess I will have to try it tomorrow

Comment

I have reviewed the Everglide Crystal Pro II, and even though it is glass it works really well with my AOpen P-35G Dual Scroll Optical Mouse. Works a little better on the Everglide Works mousemat, but strangely enough works fine on the glass :confused:
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Since you have purchased an Logitech Dual optical you can use your mouse on whateva surface you want!

But anyways, i have an Everglide Giganta, and i must say that they are good. But if you have enough money you should purchase a FunC pad. They have the same surface as an everglide but it won't ware away like an everglide eventually will.

Comment

You guys ever see those real thin plastic cutting boards in the housewares section of a store? They're about 1/16 of an inch thick and semi-translucent white, pretty flexible and smooth.

I'd think one of those would make a killer mousepad, they are a bit larger than any typical pad, though it might be neccesary to attatch some non-slip material to one side so it wouldn't slide on the desk.

Anybody ever tried it? I'd bet it would work great.

LOL and my wife says I'm always thinking about that damn computer:laugh: Hec, take me anywhere and I'll find something that could be applied to a PC:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X