Which hsf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hsf?

i have about $50(about $25 US) to spend on a quiet and good performing socket A HSF

the coolermaster hs is getting a bit too hot for my liking :\
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Powercooler has some decent buget coolers - the PCH137 is identical to an OCZ Gladiator & is less than $50aus for either the original copper or a silver plated version

http://www.below-0.com

you can see'em here :D

Comment

ok, thanks rdr :)

i'll have a look :)
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

The ThermalTake Volcano 7 is below $40 here in Brisbane :)

Comment

The original Volcano 7 didn't seem to do well if you have a lot of case cooling going on. That little thermistor never read hot enough to kick the fan up to full speed in my system, so getting it's best performance was never possible.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

I'm using a Vantec CCK-6027D. Using normal paste and running my T-Bird 1.4@ 1.58 and 1.85 volts, it only hits above 50*C under full load. I'm sure if I used ASII or something like that I'd get even better cooling. For $20 you can't go wrong. It's not silent, but it doesn't use the Delta Jet Engine either.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
              The original Volcano 7 didn't seem to do well if you have a lot of case cooling going on. That little thermistor never read hot enough to kick the fan up to full speed in my system, so getting it's best performance was never possible.
              Hey Darth, I read that you can mod the V7 by shorting the thermistor. Basically, cutting it out and tying the leads together and the fan runs at full speed. Might be more work than is worthwhile, but if you already have one, might be an option.

JM
              Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

hows the volcano 7 compar to the volcano7+ :confused:

Comment

I can't really say how they compare directly since I was never able to get the original V7 to run at full fan speed. Since I have so much air flowing through my case, the case temperature never got hot enough to kick the fan speed into high gear.

But when I got the V7+, it allowed me to adjust the fan speed manually. Much better there. :)
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by daedalus
                    hows the volcano 7 compar to the volcano7+ :confused:
                    The 7+ is vastly superior to the original Volcanoe 7 - it's also twice the money to get one :rolleyes:

I don't know why TT used a similar name for such obviously different coolers :?:

Comment

woah... scared me for a little there.. I saw TT in your post above.. I didn't realise u meant Thermaltake til I re-read it.. :)

Comment

I am using the OC Gladtator with a Sunon 35cfms (I think) 80mm fan with the 60x80mm adaptor of course. Is there a HSF out there worth upgrading that won't brake the pocket but giving more thermal help.

I am running about 40C-45C under load.....never ever seen it above 50C

Comment

Originally posted by hbidad
                          I am using the OC Gladtator with a Sunon 35cfms (I think) 80mm fan with the 60x80mm adaptor of course. Is there a HSF out there worth upgrading that won't brake the pocket but giving more thermal help.

I am running about 40C-45C under load.....never ever seen it above 50C

adapters increase the cpu temp, don't use them. :thumbs do

Comment

I have to disagree.... My temps stayed about the same. I had a delta fan I think it was 7000 rpm and after awhile I got tired of it. I changed it out with an 80mm fan with about the same CFM's and the temps stayed about the same

Comment

there are a lot of factors at play & the geometry of the fan adaptor is important

I've usually had good luck with them as well

Comment

Working...
                              X