This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newegg accepts personal checks.

But, since they don't ship your order until they receive the check, it can take a week or more instead of 2-3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by waynebot
      i have not used Newegg because they are credtcard only, i like to call and make an order with my check card
      what i meant was they want you to use the web site to make an order, witch means credit card or paypal(you need a credit card set up an account), or mail in a check. I prefer to call the company and talk to a person, make my order, and pay with my debit card. debit cards are not protected on the internet like a CC is, and if someone gets the numbers they can empty out your checking accont, so i call and do it that way. thats what i mean by saying credtcard only and its the fast and safe way for me..:)

:cheers:

Comment

Just got a shipment from www.performance-pcs.com , for no extra charge they sleeve almost everything with your choice of sleeving and shrinkwrap color, and prices were cheaper the crazypc.com (which i was also looking at, because of the casewraps). got a power supply off ebay from www.Directron.com , haven't installed any of this yet (buying mobo and cpu next), but no damage, everything looks great!

Performance-PCs.com Homepage and Website Home
        Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1
        AMD FX-4100 BE
        8GB G.Skill DDR3
        Radeon HD6870
        Soundblaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro
        Logitech G15
        Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Comment

Well i purchased some kilipse speakers from www.vanns.com i will be sure to tell you how the transaction turns out. Newegg was sold out of the 2.1 speakers i wanted and they had them at a very good price and with free shipping i had to try them out.

Comment

Ordered 2200+ and 9600 XT from mwave.com. Went back that evening and noticed I had forgotten to include extended (1 yr) warranty on CPU and therm,al compund. I changed the order per mwave instrucions. The next day the order was processed and shipped without the extended warranty and thermal compound. Bummer. :shrug:

Excellent order turn around and slightly lower prices than Newegg, but their catalog doesan't offer as much product information as Newegg's. Had I looked closer at Newegg's before ordering I would have gotten the 2400+ instead.:grr:

I'm in the market now for new mobo and RAM so I'm going to give Newegg a try.

Comment

I've ordered from a number of others. Some who have come thru and some that bait-and-switched me good. Essential Computers (www.essencompu.com) is my favorite computer-parts etailer. They have a great selection with great search tools and their prices are good too. They frequently have free shipping on stuff like cpu's and hard drives.

Comment

Re: List of Reliable American Online Retailers

i also agree. ive had good luck from that seller (2coolguy)

Comment

Totally totally 100 thousand million billion trillion googleian(?) % reliable and with a customer service that is unmatched in my experience:

MONARCH COMPUTER SYSTEMS: http://www.monarchcomputer.com/
                  - sweet

Comment

www.newegg.com - one of the best places to buy parts!!!!!
                    www.pricewatch.com - lists many sites and compares them i have bought from them a cupple times

i order for newegg now since it is so much easier to use them

Comment

My favs:

Monarch Computer (http://www.monarchcomputer.com/) is dead.
                      Essential Computer (http://www.essencompu.com/) is also dead.

Monarch Article:

I always go to http://www.pricewatch.com/ for best prices. I decided to go to pricewatch, buy the parts, and build the machine myself... again! "The pain, ... oh the pain."
                      Last edited by sweet; 03-04-2007, 09:48 AM.
                      - sweet

Comment

Some really great in in here, thanks all. I think I'm going to buy a new PC for this year, my Laptop is burning out I think. Have had it for around 3 years now.

Comment

I've dealt with most of the a fore mentioned purveyors. I would like to add my vote for ZipZoomFly. while they are not NewEgg they do a good job of providing good gear at a reasonable price.

NewEgg gets my purveyor of choice.....

Comment

I thought you might find this review database useful. There are direct links to all more important pieces of hardware.

Comment

I love TigerDirect.com, CompUSA is now local in my town.
                              NewEgg.com is good as well, no problems with any of them, but play the price game espec. with Tiger and NewEgg...they go back and forth a lot...

Bestbuy is just overpriced and overrated, bought a laptop from them (no problems, just expensive), but can get stuff cheaper at CompUSA, which is right across the street...lol
                              Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
                              Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower
                              Acer X223W 22" widescreen

nVidia nForce 7150-630i mobo
                              Intel Quad Core Q6700 OC'd 3.13Ghz
                              4096MB ddr-800
                              200GB hdd 7200 sata
                              160GB hdd 7200 sata II
                              320GB hdd 5400 ide (?)
                              320GB ext. hdd Transcend
                              MSI dvd rw / lightscribe / sata
                              BFG GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E 1.0

Geek Tweek, LLC

visit me on facebook:
                              http://companies.to/geektweekllc/

Comment

Can I suggest a list of UK online retailers?

I don't know how many UK users are on Tweaktown but I am feeling left out.

Comment

Working...
                                X