i have a newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a newbie question

i was reading a page i tom's hardware about building a computer,,then i came across the part about the Hard drive it said..

"We assume that you have already configured your hard disk the way you want it - single, master, or slave"

my question,,wat is single master and slave???

thanks for ur help guys

this site really helps!!

keep up the good work!:thumb:

it is the jumper config on the back of the drive that determines the order and peformance of the drives on each ide channel

your hdd should be set to master by default

if you tell us what hdd you have, we can tell you the jumper config for it... or at least how you can figure it out

Comment

These are the jumper settings for IDE drives and are displayed on the drive for the appropriate settings. If ya only have one drive per channel the set each as master ti that channel and make sure that they're plugged onto the end of the IDE cable (the middle connection on the cable is for slaves). ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

thanks dude,,

i have a 2nd question,my friends old(like 1997) comp is like crashed. He lost him Mobo;s manual,and is freaking out . I can open the computer with out a CD_rom,but if u put a cd rom in it,,it wont even run.

what seems to be the problem? The HD? or other parts of the comp?

Comment

Manuals may still be obtained from the manufacturer's website so check them out. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

is this out of date brand,,no mauaul found

Comment

Working...
            X