no 80 conductor cable installed?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no 80 conductor cable installed?????

I was messing around with my computer the other day, and when i booted up i keept getting this message just before getting into windows. "primary IDE: no 80 conductor cable installed". Any one know what the hell an 80 conductor cable is??
    Some body help me please!
    Thanks in advanced-
    my view on the two party system...

ATA66/100/133 IDE cables are 80 wire ones and early ones are only 40 wires so it seems that ya usin' an ATA33 IDE cable there. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes, go get an 80 conductor IDE cable for those hard drives.
      This will enable you to transfer data at a much faster rate.
      They have 40 pin connectors - just each conductor in the ribbon has it's own individual ground wire - hence 80 conductors.

As Wiggo stated, this type of IDE cable can be used for ATA 66/100/133 transfers. Often the cable will be labeled with 1 or more of those ATA# markings on the packaging.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thank you a lot guys!
        I am very greatful for your help, Im looking to upgrade to round ide cables anyway to increase air flow in my case. IS there any down fall to the cables being round?
        my view on the two party system...

Comment

None at all except for some 24" ones (18" is the standard maximum length set for IDE cables). ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
          X