New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?

I understand that relatively newer SSD connections/card connectors can provide throughput advantages for SSDs.
    Are any of these compatible with GA-Z87X-UD5? If so which ones?
    Are there any negatives such as robbing PCIe cards bandwidth when these are used.
    Ga-Z87X-UD5H, i7-4770K, built in video 16GB RAM, 2100 speed, Auria 27 inch monitor Hackintosh implementation of OSX 10.11 Sound used USB adapter[internal sound doesn't work! Ga-P55a-UD3 i5-560 8GB RAM, r 5770 video, Dell Ultra Monitor, BPN DE110SS Hard Drive Cage, SSD Samsung 840, 500Gb + HDD Windows 10 --P55a is connected to Comcast Router and to WiFi service from another provider[preferred]
    z87x is connected to Comcast router only --Canon pixma MX922 Canon Laser

Re: New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?

While you could support one of the new m.2 SSD's that use 4 lanes of gen3 PCIE, doing so in your motherbd would drop your graphics card out of x16 lanes and down to x8 mode which you may not wish to do.

Also, don't be fooled by the high sequential benchmarks you see. Most users seldomly enter into sequential data transfers and thus only see a slight improvement over a fast sata based ssd. Unless you have a specific need for high sequential transfers, like video editing, then you should focus on a drives 4k performance.

Comment

Working...
    X