device manager showing SCSI????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• device manager showing SCSI????

I was just taking a look at my device manager which i do every now and then just to make sure everything is ok and i saw something very interesting. Both of my HDD's (40g Maxtor & 80g WD) are showing as SCSI drives. So i checked the cd-rom and cd-rw and they are showing up as SCSI drives as well. I can't afford SCSI so I don't have any type of SCSI controller or anything and i can't remember making any changes to my hardware. in the properties of the HDD's it no longer list what DMA mode they are running on but it does have a section for SCSI options. Does anyone have any clue why this is happening?

Raid shows up in Windows as SCSI. It sounds like you have everything on raid channels. If this is so, I'm suprised that the optical drives work, even though some ide raid can use slave drives as non-raid, I thought only hard drives worked on them. If this is so, I would move the cd/rw drive to the primary ide channel as master and the cd-rom drive to the secondary ide as master for better performance.

Comment

how can that be possible since my mobo doesn't have the raid option?

Comment

I am not sure then. Do you have the correct mobo drivers loaded?

Comment

i'm pretty sure i do. i downloaded the via 4 in 1 drivers and i also downloaded the "via idetool" which i'm thinking is what's causing this. i just don't understand how or if the performance is being limited in any way.

Comment

The idetool could be the likely cause but only benchtests will show any difference. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I had that same issue once.. and it was the IDEtool..
              i reverted to a older driver.. didnt like having my HDs as scsi one bit..
              didnt check the performance tho...
              think XP booted faster with the driver, but it felt slower running it..
              but as i said i didnt confirm it..

Comment

Working...
              X