Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which HDD to get for gaming?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of building a new PC specifically for gaming, and am wondering which HDD should I get cos this is one of the least looked at parts.

The components I'm getting are:
    R9 290 GPU
    i7 4790k CPU
    Asrock Extreme4 Mobo
    8GB DDR3 RAM 2400 C10

Here's the list I'm looking at:
    Choose Storage - PCPartPicker Australia

There seems to be a crazy amount of good rating for Western Digital WD10EZEX and Seagate ST1000DM003, are these the best for gaming?

Also this is the store I'm using since I can get a special price there:
    Umart.com.au is Australia's No.1 Computer Store, with the best prices on Computer Parts, Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Gaming, Drones, Printers and more!

So I'm curious which one should I get since there's so many HDD choices available. Also a alot of the games I play are very CPU intensive and some not even multi core optimized, like mount & blade, total war, arma etc.
    So which one is the best for this case?

Appreciate any help in this matter!

Re: Which HDD to get for gaming?

WD Black or Seagat

7200 RPM Drive Drive is recommended if money matter. Else SSD

Comment

Originally posted by naveed View Post
      WD Black or Seagat

7200 RPM Drive Drive is recommended if money matter. Else SSD
      Ahh thanks! By the way I forgot to mention this last time, I will buy a SSD next year on my overseas trip, where I can get it for much cheaper.

So I'm wondering, if I install all those CPU intensive games onto the SSD, does the performance speed of HDD still matter or not?

What I meant is, if I install the games onto SSD, does better quality HDD gives better frames or less loading time even if the game is not installed on there?

Or is the HDD completely not taken into consideration in this case?

Sorry I'm still pretty new to PC components. Trying to decide between the Western Digital Black and Western Digital Blue, don't know if it's worth spending the extra money.

Comment

Originally posted by sapped View Post
        Ahh thanks! By the way I forgot to mention this last time, I will buy a SSD next year on my overseas trip, where I can get it for much cheaper.

So I'm wondering, if I install all those CPU intensive games onto the SSD, does the performance speed of HDD still matter or not?

What I meant is, if I install the games onto SSD, does better quality HDD gives better frames or less loading time even if the game is not installed on there?

Or is the HDD completely not taken into consideration in this case?

Sorry I'm still pretty new to PC components. Trying to decide between the Western Digital Black and Western Digital Blue, don't know if it's worth spending the extra money.
        AFAIK FPS in games mainly depend on Graphics Cards, But Faster HDD does matter in FPS calculations... & for sure SSD will boost Overall performance loading OS, Apps, games etc.,

Comment

Working...
        X