Clean HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean HDD

Got a harddrive from a friend, and I would like to know how to wipe it CLEAN. Don't want any data retreivable. Thanx in advance.

open it up, and use some soap and water. Make sure to go counter clockwise....this is imperative b/c if you dont then you might kill the drive. Once this is done...soak in water for 24 hrs....
    just kidding

Comment

You forgot to soak it in a sink for 30 minutes...

:afro:
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Didn't expect to get flamed on my first post, particularly by a forum Administrator:thumbs do

Comment

They are just playing with you. :) But it does resolve your question.

Best thing to do is just search around on the internet for programs that can do it. A couple I have found are here: http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=2900 and http://www.sofsol.co.nz/p0001898.htm .

The only way you can do what you are saying is with a software solution, but chances are you'll probably have to pay for most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatHead
            Didn't expect to get flamed on my first post, particularly by a forum Administrator:thumbs do
            We're just messing around, don't take it seriously.
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Hey FlatHead:wave:

I think this link will fix you right up - and coming from Mr. C, you can bet it's free.
              http://home.att.net/~craigchr/mutilate.html

I do believe that should take care of the problem for you in short order.
              There are indeed several commercial solutions available, but you will also find other free options in addition to the program I linked you to.

So give it a try, what have you got to lose?
              Except some data maybe:D

Good luck with it.

Don't take it to heart, you weren't exactly flamed at all. Think of it as a bit of the not uncommon TweakTown pull-of-the-leg.
              Even Admins need a bit of lightheartedness once in a while.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yea Mr.C walks on his elbows and jogs too...

[QUOTE]:Didn't expect to get flamed on my first post, particularly by a forum Administrator

The people at Tweaktown are everyday people just like you and like normal humans that we are (well with the exception of Beefy..[he's a Juggernaut]) we kid around and have fun. We aren't tech support or anything like that. If can help we will and we might mess around a bit while we are at it. So don't take it the bad way...we sure don't mean to be that way. So...like i always say....

BE COOL STAY IN SCHOOL!
                - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by FLaCo
                  Yea Mr.C walks on his elbows and jogs too...

Didn't expect to get flamed on my first post, particularly by a forum Administrator

The people at Tweaktown are everyday people just like you and like normal humans that we are (well with the exception of Beefy..[he's a Juggernaut]) we kid around and have fun. We aren't tech support or anything like that. If can help we will and we might mess around a bit while we are at it. So don't take it the bad way...we sure don't mean to be that way. So...like i always say....

BE COOL STAY IN SCHOOL!
                  That's Mr T's saying, isn't it? :) And we are tech support really. well, we try.

Comment

You sure are... but you guys aren't like a 1-800-Duck type thing you know... if you can you can if not maybe the others could...even tho you guys are doing a very good job at helping others.:)

Hmmmm...1-800-Duck....
                    *looks around him...coast is clear...grabs the phone...dailing*;)
                    - Damien

Comment

Tech support, with a smile

:)
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

From EAR to EAR :D
                        - Damien

Comment

Flathead, sorry for the sarcastic reply. I have had a bad couple of days with computers. I read your post and felt the sudden urge to be a jerkie. Don't think badly of this forum, because it is really great!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: : party ha :wave:

Comment

Fdisk will fix it but format will do. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                              Fdisk will fix it but format will do. :thumb:

you can still retrieve data from fdisking / formatting...

Comment

Working...
                              X