No announcement yet.

warning disk write caching is disabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warning disk write caching is disabled?

i just got bootvis and it helped a bit but on the disc usage graph it says real big in red WARNING DISK WRITE CACHING IS DISABLED - is that bad? its red so it cant be too good:shoot3:

Why do you have it disabled for? :?:

Comment

i havent the slightest - could it be default to disabled? and what do i do to turn it on - thanks wiggo:shoot3:

Comment

Ok then this maybe it, do you have DMA enabled for the drive/s in Windows? :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

sorry wiggo - what is that - im looking but i dont find...uh that - i know something switched wrong or something - thanks for the help:shoot3:

Comment

Go into your device manager and check the drive/s and controller/s properties and make sure that they're DMA enabled. ;)

Comment

all i see is disc quota is disabled? tabs general tools hardware sharing quota found more drive properties hardware i feel so dumb sometimes:shoot3:

Comment

Well I'm not that up to scratch with XP yet so someone else maybe able to help you unless I can get access to one of the duellin' XP's here. ;)

Comment

thanks for trying - i swear its xp - locking me out of dangerous options or something - i need the training wheels off this thing called windows! if you can point some worty xp buddy my way id apreciate it - i dont want to dilute the forums with this post a third time!:shoot3:

Comment

Working...
                  X