No announcement yet.

A Warning to anyone buying Drives or Building a system WITHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

according to major PC assemblers in australia serial ATA will not be mainstream until mid next year. so i would guess it wont be too affordable till then.

Comment

Really? That late? Hmm.... I wonder when they will be avaliable here in the US... and I was kinda under the assumtion that they won't be Too much more expensive? But am i wrong?

Comment

They are supposed to be priced 20% more than ATA100 drives.

Comment

Well there ya go, so I'm stickin' with gettin' a WD800JB 80 GB 8MB cache hard drive then. :p
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I guess that isnt so bad since normal ATA drives are very affordable now. Also will serial ATA have consisten 150MB/s transfer speed because if it does it will certainly be worth that exta %20. Until then ill stick with seagate ATA100

Comment

Whew!, 20% is nothing. Excellent. I'm glad I've waited.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                Well there ya go, so I'm stickin' with gettin' a WD800JB 80 GB 8MB cache hard drive then. :p
                <center>:cheers:</center>
                Wiggo, how much is the drive in kangaroo money ?? :laugh:
                I'm going to buy one with next week's upgrade (finally) for $186+tax cdn.
                SPAM Special Ops

Comment

I'll wait several months after the first products will be introduced and only then get one. Until then I'm sticking to my raid cfg.

Comment

I can't beleive alll of you guys are talking like serial ATA is something new that just popped up. It's been planned, talked about, and spec'ed for a couple of years now. Yeh, drives have now been demo'ed and mobo makers are showing boards with support for it. It won't be at Best Buy next week! If you need or want a new drive now, buy one now. By the time they accually arrive for sale, all of the questions will have been answered without us having to guess or speculate now.

Comment

Fiber Optics have been around for 20 years now, but as I upgrade to a Fiber Network, I'll be pretty excited about it.

Comment

:)

Comment

Working...
                        X