Your Favourite IDE RAID Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favourite IDE RAID Controller

Just a little survey to determine what everyone's favourite IDE RAID controller is. My personal favourite is Promise, although it may lack in features when compared to the HPT370, it has excellent driver support :)

Vote now! :thumb:
    Adaptec
    100.00%
    CMD
    0.00%
    Highpoint
    0.00%
    Promise
    0.00%
    Other
    0.00%
    I don't like/have RAID
    0.00%
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Haven't been using the raid that long, but so far the HPT370 is working for me. :)

JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

can someone add th option "i don't have raid" or change the "i don't like raid" to "i don't have/like raid" ? ;)
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
        can someone add th option "i don't have raid" or change the "i don't like raid" to "i don't have/like raid" ? ;)
        Done :D
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I have a HPT370 in one of my boxes at home and its OK. But I have an MP3 server at work with a 3ware card that is doing RAID 5 with an 8 drive array [all 20 gig 7200rpm ata100 drives from WD] that puppy rocks.. :thumb:

From the choices given in the poll the Adaptec is tops even though its only ATA66, it makes up for that with the 64-128MB of cache though..:D

Comment

I had Raid 0 set up with a promise add in card on my home box - it worked fine - but I really couldn't see any speed difference, si it kind of seemed like a waste of a hard drive, since I didn't need the capacity
            All the CAD stations I set up at work get HPt370 Raid 0 - that's a different story

Comment

I go for Highpoint purley for the driver support (especially in linux) and their top performance/features compared to the Promise models.

helluva lot cheaper too.

Comment

I'm also partial to HighPoint. At least on the level of on-board IDE-RAID controllers. The BIOS kicks the ass of Promise Lite RAID crap.

Comment

Also, I've seen 2 motherboards with the Promise controllers die.
                  I hate Promise! PROMISE

Comment

Working...
                  X