Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxtor HDD needs RMA

Hey,

I have bought a Maxtor 40gb ATA133 and it has damaged sectors which windows detected! I format my Hard drive and it reported it has issues such as while formatting it re allocates some sectors, and sometimes i scandisk and it the end result is that i have about 4mb of damaged sectors. Could it be that Win98SE dont support 40gb and reports da left overs as errors?

:mad:

I purchased it from overseas and I still have warranty. Would anyone who has RMA'ed a Maxtor tell me where do I send it to, to get it fixed?

Hong

"Maxtor HDD needs RMA"

no ****? geeeee, will wonders never cease?

"Could it be that Win98SE dont support 40gb and reports da left overs as errors? "

no, it's a MAXTOR :shoot2:

start here:

https://www.maxtor.com/maxtorhome.ht...om/PreDiag.asp

Comment

Thankz CT!

But the problem is, is that I asked for an RMA, and i used that diagnostics thingo and it didnt help.

I was just wondering if anyone in this forum had experience in RMA'ing 1 of these hard drives because I want to know the cost to ship this defective hard drive of mine :mad:

Hong

Comment

I RMA'd some Maxtor drives - but they were OEM's not Retail versions - so I had to go through the reseller I bought them from.
        Maxtor does not accept RMA's on OEM's from the end-user

Comment

when you go to get an RMA, they'll want

"To receive an RMA, you must have a PowerMax diagnostic code that indicates a drive failure."

fill out the blanks, and send it in, if you have a creditcard, you can use the advanced RMA, and have a drive shipped to you and you can send out the bad one in the same box - and it won't cost you anything, they pick up the tag

if you use a regular RMA, then it'll cost you about $8 to ship it, they'll send out a new one once they get the bad one

you can RMA any maxtor drive, doesn' t mater where ya got it, so long as it's still under warranty

and they STILL fukn SUCK ASS

Comment

thankz CT!

So it would cost me $8 to ship it?
            Have you RMA'ed one of these MAXTOR drives before?
            Can anyone tell me where they shipped their HDD to, like which state or country?

Thanks for the help peoplez.

Hong

Comment

Maxtor should tell you somewhere on their website...I dunno, because I just go to a local shop and have them do the stuff for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hong27
                thankz CT!

So it would cost me to ship it?
                or about that anyway,,

[B]
                Have you RMA'ed one of these MAXTOR drives before?
                LOL you haven't read my site huh? 12 of 14 drives lost in the last year and a half are maxtor - all were RMA'd

[B]
                Can anyone tell me where they shipped their HDD to, like which state or country?

Thanks for the help peoplez.

Hong
                any and all, worldwide

Comment

wtf u talking about--ive had 8 Maxtors and yes evryone has said bad things about them---but my drives has lasted at least 5 yrs

ive even got a 1 gig maxtor still putting along

i would buy another

WD drives are top dog--i know that and would buy them first then a Maxtor

ive had VERY good luck with all the parts ive bought --and thats alot being a PC tech---hehe

start here my friend www.maxtor.com

Comment

Working...
                  X