Data recovery off of a bad HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data recovery off of a bad HD

Hey all happy helpers! looked back 5 pages but couldn't find any relevent posts, so figured I'd put this up and hope.

My buddy's HD just recently died and he is waiting on a replacement from the company he got the computer from. However, he wants all his old data off the drive. He has looked at it a little bit through a windows XP disk and it still reads size of drive/partitions fine, but he can't write anything to it. Running scandisk through the recovery console errors out one "Irreparable Errors." Is there anything he can do to get his old data back?

Re: Data recovery off of a bad HD

Google for a program called "Get Data Back", it saved me recently
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Well I'll pass the word on to him and get back to you when I know if it worked or not. Thanks.

Comment

i am having a difficult time with this too. My problem is a little different though. I recently installed a bootlegged copy of evidence eliminator that my little brother sent me. Bad idea. i ran it, and it seemed to be ok until i rebooted my computer. At that point it stopped booting. it starts too then hangs up and goes into the restart loop. i dissabled restart on error in bios so it just freezes now. i took that drive out and hooked it up as a slave. there are a few files that i need for work in my documents folder. the files are there i can see them, but can not open them. It says access denied. I have changed the file permissions and folder options but the same thing still happens. I cant copy them, move them rename them, zilch. any suggestions? i have even tried using the attrib command in the dos prompt in safemode

thanks

Ktulu

Comment

Working...
        X