Uninstalling the cannot unitallments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalling the cannot unitallments

I did system restore to the latest point i can a long time ago and i have like 5-8 programs that won't uninstall usualy becasue it can't fund the uninstal file.

Re: Uninstalling the cannot unitallments

When using system restore it will not restore everything so those files were not restored. That is one of the reasons I see System Restore to be just pointless and a waste of disk space for restore points.

Comment

The easiest, though not the fastest way to uninstall them would be to install the application again, so all files are in place, then uninstall them for good.

Fastest way would be to edit the registry to get rid of all those pertinent entries, but unless you know what you're doing, you can really screw a comp up if you do something wrong.

I agree with the comment about System Resore, don't rely on it too much

Comment

There are actually programs out there that will remove the program for you if thbis happens but I do not remember any off the top of myu head,

Comment

If you uninstalled a program, did a restore, and then tried to uninstall again the problem is obviously that the uninstallation utilites no longer exist as system restore won't back those up - it mostly just handles the registry and Windows-related files. You can either go back to the restore point at which the programs were uninstalled; reinstall them and then uninstall them; manually remove the registry entries for the programs, or simply give up and get over it. They probably aren't hurting much.

If it's just the existence of them in Add/Remove Programs that bothers you, simply download RegCleaner (should be in my sig) and remove the relevant entires for each program in the program as it will show you many of ther registry entries, thus saving you the need to open up regedit and manually remove things.

Comment

Working...
          X