No Movie Audio through MediaPLayer with new DVD Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Movie Audio through MediaPLayer with new DVD Burner

I just installed a few days ago my new Plextor PX-708A DVD+-RW burner and ever since, I couldn't hear any audio from my Matrix Reloaded DVD (yeah the original disc). I figured it was because I didn't plug in the 2-pin Digital-Audio cable into my soundcard but I just did that, and no luck (I plugged it into the only Digital-Audio port on my card, the S-PDIF port according to the board's schematics). How can I fix this?

I have tried going through every volume adjusting software part that I got and they are all enabled and turned all the way up, with just microphone being muted. I do not have digital-audio speakers, but since I got the analog-audio cable connected to the same drive I should hear *something*

There are no errors posted through Windows or DirectX....so I am assuming its a software thing.....something probably stupidly obvious.

Oh, and I am able to listen to my music CDs on the DVD burner using WindowsMedia Player 9 Series. Figure that out.........

Below are my system specs.

Windows XP Professional
    DirectX 9.0b Installed
    ABit KR7A-133 RAID

Seagate Barracuda IV 80.0GB on RAID Primary Channel 0 as Master (only HD drive)
    Plextor PX-708A DVD+-RW drive on Primary IDE channel as Master
    LG 32x10x40x CDRW drive on Primary IDE channel as Slave
    Plextor 24x10x40x CDRW Drive on Secondary IDE channel as Master
    Iomega ZIP100 Internal drive on Secondary IDE channel as Slave

SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum
    Chaintech A-FX70 GeForce FX 5600 Ultra 128MB DDR 400/800 (stock)

Thanks ahead of time for any info!

Can you hear any other movies on it besides the matrix?

Comment

I popped in the DVD disc that was supplied with the DVD burner because I realized that there most likely is some sort of DVD playing software on the disc......and sure enough there was..... Roxio DVDMAX Player v1.0 was on the disc.

So I installed it and after i watched some Matrix Reloaded, I then ran WindowsMediaPlayer and ...........sound works now. I guess it was a codec after all.......:)

Now, I want to get either WindowsMediaPlayer enhancement or a full-fledged DVD-movie player for the PC. Microsoft had these on their site:

Sonic CinePlayer DVD Decorder
      http://cineplayer.com/decoder/defaul...++++++++++++++

Intervideo XPack
      http://www.intervideo.com/products/c...media_pack.jsp

I personally hated Adaptec for their EasyCD Creator software, and the same hatred still exists for Roxio, so I do not want to buy any of their crap.

I am inclined on buying the InterVideo decoder......what do you think?

Comment

Working...
      X